Zoot Variant Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Luke said:
.... at the expense of other people, but whatever. Actually considering it isn't likely to end at .99 starting it at that would have cost much less.
True enough. But I couldn't risk having something crazy happen and it only sell for $30. And as far as "at the expense of other people". There are some people out there that really don't care. They want it, and will pay. Nobody's twisting their arm. The guy that bought the one for $150, I spoke to him before that auction was over and pointed him in the direction of aussietoys but he still maitain with the auction. He didn't seem to care how much he paid for it...so long as he got one. And he's not even going to keep it in the package. He opens EVERYTHING.

I just can't wait for the day when all the people holding onto earlier Zoots for investment find out that Palisades are doing a re-release
They re-release star wars figures over and over again. But it doesn't change the price of what the originals were/are worth. And the new ones look far better. From what I understand. The only realy change they're considering (and they haven't even really decided if they will yet) is re-releasing the same figures on a different colour card.

WiGgY

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
Ok. let's say my total bill from aussietoys was $160 US. Assume that I get INCREDIBLY lucky to have mine sell for $150. That means that I was able to pick up a Zoot variant for $10. Wouldn't that be worth the risk? Honestly I think it's a gamble that likely won't pay off. But I'm hoping I'm wrong. Heck even if I get enough back that makes my second one's price only $60 not $80...I'm ahead of the game. And I'll be able to put that extra $20 towards other figures.

Now does that make sense?
It makes sense that you ARE looking to make money off of people. You are looking to reduce how much you paid buy selling the figure to some other poor slob of a collector (and I mean that in the nicest way possible). If you didn't want to pay the 80 dollars you shouldn't have gotten the figure. I don't like people that sell figures like this with an increased starting bid.

When people buy a figure with the intention of selling it as soon as they get it they are called scalpers. I don't like those people. You took that Zoot figure from someone who could have bought it for 80 (which is still insane) knowing that the bids will likely pass 100, and to make sure no one finds a deal on the figure you make the starting bid 50. I don't like that kind of behavior. People on the message boards are suppose to help each other out, not screw them on figure prices. If you want to put him up for auction like this, fine, but don't peddle your goods here and expect us to jump for joy.

I really hate ebay sellers that do this.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Wow. Once again. Really strong feelings. I won't attempt to try and make you see it my way. I don't think that will happen. Try not to hold it against me???

Change of subject??? I've planned out the measurements of my muppet bust display...and just for the shelving alone...it's going to be HEAVY. I was going to use 8" wide MDF with 4 shelves total. But like I said...the weight. Any suggestions?

And I can't seem to find anything suitable for columns. Ideas?

CyberSteak

Reaction score
You know I said I would let this go...but.

I take exception to what you're saying and thinking for these reasons...

I didn't buy the figure for $10 and turn around and mark it up 500%. I bought it for $80 and started my auction for $30 less then what I paid. I have no control over the final price. And it is VERY possible that by me peddling my goods here, some poor slob of a collector may get a figure for $20 less then what they would have had I left it in Australia. I think I would then be helping a board member wouldn't I???

And I'm all for someone finding a deal. But why should I feel bad in not wanting it to cost me money? I started the bid high, yes. But it was still $30 less then what I paid. I think you should be directing your anger to those that got the figure for $10 and sold it for $150. But then again. It's not their fault. They don't control the final bid. The people bidding do. Blame them.

Luke

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
They re-release star wars figures over and over again. But it doesn't change the price of what the originals were/are worth. And the new ones look far better. From what I understand. The only realy change they're considering (and they haven't even really decided if they will yet) is re-releasing the same figures on a different colour card.
I think once the line ends and a year or two has passed the secondary market prices will drop a heck of a lot. It'll probably be more like the Simpsons than Star Wars. I'm not saying the original stuff won't have value but i expect it to be far less. I've seen the way Muppet fans are and the way these boards have gone for years, aside from the really hardcore figure collectors most Muppet fans just want a Zoot, any Zoot. They wouldn't particularly care if it was the original packaging or not, especially if it was 15 bucks or so rather than 100. You could argue that the hardcore action figure collectors who are in this for figures more than Muppets might keep prices high but they seem to only really go crazy about whatever their current fad is unless it's a really classic cult 70's/80's line like Star Wars. Once a lot of time has passed they don't go so crazy about being a completist of whatever line was yesterdays news.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I didn't have time to read this whole thread buit have to say that I see no reason to put the starting bid at $50.00. That's way low for a red shirt zoot so why not? I personally would put any auction to start at the minimum amount I want to part with the figure for. This is a non-issue...it's standard procedure...

oh well, just my $0.02

Fozzie

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on for awhile. My computer crashed and I lost everything. ANyway, there is no way I would ever pay that for one figure. I have the variant already though(I ordered S3 and got that one instead of the regular. But still that is way to pricy for me. And i agree with WiGgY.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thank you.

And just incase anyone thinks I am bitter because I don't have a Zoot, I ordered a case and have both Zoots and one more to customize.

Status
Not open for further replies.