1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Zoe's tutu

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by goshposh, Mar 4, 2003.

1. goshposh

goshposh Member

When did Zoe start wearing a tutu? And why?:confused:
  2. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

We have discussed this topic in depth here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/messages?msg=1325.1

One insider had this to say:

"The whole idea behind Zoe's tutu is to mirror the way children sometimes go through an attachment phase - like having favorite doll or blanket, or an article of clothing that they want to wear every day.
    Fran liked the idea of that - hence Zoe's tutu. I imagine it will disappear someday, but for now it's a cute little concept. It's very innocent and child-like."
  3. dcfboss

dcfboss New Member

i never saw her without the tutu...or maybe i have...not real sure, lol.

i think that one of the best jokes of last season was based on her tutu...

Alan: Have a dance lesson Zoe?
    Zoe: No. Why?
    Alan: Oh.....no reason

lol. it was on today and i was dying, lol.
  4. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

She does show up without it sometimes, although lately, she does seem to be in the tutu a lot.

That line with Alan cracked me up too!

He is the best new human IMO. He interacts with the Muppets wonderfully.

I heart Alan.
  5. dcfboss

dcfboss New Member

alan is the best....

he makes it seem like the puppets aren't really puppets
  6. The Sesame Street Encyclopedia said, "One of her favorite hobbies other than driving the Zoemobile is dancing, which is why she always wears a tutu."
  7. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

The reason why Zoe wears a tutu (in my opinion) is to give her more of an identity.

Otherwise, without it, she's just another female monster, like Lulu.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I always thought she started wearing her tutu to avoid complaints about her being naked, well I mean without clothes, because with all that fur, she technically isn't naked. When she was introduced in 1993, she hardly wore a tutu. She didn't start perminately wearing it until 2002, so thats 9 years of seeing her without her tutu. In Sesame Street Magazine though, she doesn't wear her tutu unless there's a section encouraging readers to dance along.