Zippity Zap from the Prince episode

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just got through watching the prince episode of muppets tonight and this guy was cracking me up. when clifford was talking about how he appeard on an old muppet program called muppet hoohaw, zippity zap kept on holding up a sign that was supposed to be a reference to prince and kept on grunting. i would like to to see more of this character....

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
oops, i accidently put this in the headlines instead of the characters section. i'm sure someone will change this pretty soon...

ryan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved to Classic Muppets for you...

WiGgY

Reaction score
I found that part to be really funny too.

Clifford: Before...

Zippity Zap: eh

Clifford: ...was known as...

Clifford: He was known as Prince. But before...

Clifford: ...was known as Prince. He was unknown. And like so many other unknowns...

Clifford: ...made his first TV appearence with us on a show we call Muppet Hoo-Ha.

Zippity Zap: Let's watch, shall we?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Zippity-Zap was performed by Bill Barretta, and one of my favorite Barretta charactes. I would love to see him make a comeback.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ya i know. i think bill needs to do more with other characters besides pepe. i think using more of zippity-zap along with rowlf would be great. zippity zap has been seen in both muppets from space and in the christmas movie last year, so obviously some people at henson like the character.

by the way, what is zippity zap anyway? maybe a frog?....

ryan

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Anyone get the feeling he would be a great addition to the Electric Mayhem? I do. Even though Dr. Teeth :big_grin:, Floyd :sing:, Janice :flirt:, Zoot :cool:, and Animal :halo: have yet to pick someone new for their band, it's a possibilty they'll choose him next. I think him of like the Muppet version of Max Goof, maybe it's because they have the same thing in common. Now that i think about it, i can't help thinking how interesting it would be if they met or even swapped outfits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Zippety was a great underdeveloped character. His voice kinda sounds like a Kevin Clash voice (the voice is similar to Leon). Though his personality seems a little similar to Floyd's. It's a shame he's not in The Muppets Character Encyclopedia.