Youtube trouble.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
This maybe be obvious to some, but I'm trying to unsubscribe from someone's YT page and I can't seem to do that.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Disreguard.

For some reason with the changes at that site it took me a while to figure it out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube in its "infident" wisdom fixed it to where once you subscribe to someone, or they subscribe to you, it can't be undone.

It's just another one in a series of useless updates that nobody likes that just continues to clutter the site.

An1mal

Reaction score
This maybe be obvious to some, but I'm trying to unsubscribe from someone's YT page and I can't seem to do that.
For everybody's wisdom.

Now on the left hand side you will see who you are subscribed too.

Click the subscription you want to remove, their page will load and directly opposite you will see 'Edit Subscription'

Hit that, then click unsubscribe and update.

Done and dusted :big_grin:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
You CAN unsubscribe from a channel. Just go to the user page, click "edit subscription," select "unsubscribe," and click "update."

See? YouTube isn't evil.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welcome back Boober!

YouTube's only evil under Google's ownership.

sesameguy

Reaction score
My friend Lee directed me to a blog posting that relates to some of the issues that YouTube is creating by offering advertising with its videos. It's worth a read for those of us who like to post videos. Here's a quote:

"YouTube requests that anyone who posts a video on their site be the person who created the video or owns the rights to the video. Everyone ignores this, most especially YouTube itself. . ."

http://www.isntlifeterrible.com/2009/10/ethical-dilemma-that-is-youtube.html

I'll hopefully be doing a blog post about this later this week as well.

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dare somebody to name at least ONE person who actually does take the time to sit down and read the TOS/user agreements.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna come out right now and say it. I HATE when people put up popular movies that are either currently out in theaters or DVD. Or full current TV shows. Mainly because it puts pressure on people who just want to help out the fan base of an obscure or long lost TV series or movie... (do you really think anyone wants to release Twice Upon a Time?) In fact, an internet fan base can actually help out a dead franchise.

Face it, we got the Mario cartoons because of all the mama Luigi stuff on youtube, and Dr. Robotnik is as popular as ever thanks to people who edit his lines to sound dirty. Rick Astley would have just been a cultural footnote, instead of an internet meme still used today. Look at that appearance he had on the 2008 (or was it 2007) Thanksgiving parade. That certainly helped out his career. Much like how Garfield minus Garfield mad the orange cat relevant again.

Sure, we have pirates who want to put up current shows and it does hurt the studios (though, they have to accept the fact that television is dying anyway, and that's contributing to the problem much greater... plus there have ALWAYS been pirates before)... that I respect... but go after Torrent sites first. Don't toss people out for putting up old music videos that could be internet meme gold. Don't take down fan videos, no matter how tedious they are. And do NOT get rid of rare clips and shows no one can profit from either way... and if your company WANTS to get some notification, I dunno... put up your own channel, and support these videos by putting disclaimers that say "Contains content from X" (like Media Rights and CBS did for example). You're doing nothing but alienating people who are using your product as free advertising.