You're Just Lucky SpongeBob's Not On.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Cory

Originally posted by frogboy4
Spongebob is a wonderful show. It is misguided to compare it with Zim or hold anything against the spongy one because the project received more support from Nick.
Jamie, and you were clownin' on anime? Yeeesh.
Yeah, Viacom screwed up. They should have put Invader Zim on
MTV. sad sad sad move. ALmost as bad as JHC selling out to MTV...I mean EMpTyV.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
<B>To my knowlege there are over 60 episodes of Spongebob out there. That's pretty good for a relatively new cable cartoon show</B>
I hope this isn't a sign that SPONGEBOB is morphing into RUGRATS. Although, it was never a "great" show, it used to be fairly enteraining for "all" kids, both young and old.
Now, the show might as well be on NICK JR.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory

Spongebob is a feel good thoroughly entertaining show with colorful characters, good writers and loads of personality and heart. It's not a sigificane milestone in entertainment, but it is a solid show.

Anime has none of that from what I have seen. Spirited might change my mind. We'll see. Just seems like stuff for teenage boys who can't get dates. (I don't fall in that category) :wink: One has nothing to do with the other. With your logic, in order to appreciate one thing you have to hate another. Doesn't make sense.

I like things with heart and for being what they are - not what they are not. I can like both Shrek and Monsters Inc. One doesn't have to cancel out the other.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score

I like things with heart and for being what they are - not what they are not. I can like both Shrek and Monsters Inc. One doesn't have to cancel out the other.

Yeah...i enjoyed both of those....anything with a good storyline! it's gotta have some humor in there too, otherwise it just isn't worth it...the new disney/pixar coming out next year, Finding Nemo, looks like a good movie!

beaker

Reaction score

Spongebob is a feel good thoroughly entertaining show with colorful characters, good writers and loads of personality and heart. It's not a sigificane milestone in entertainment, but it is a solid show.

Anime has none of that from what I have seen. Spirited might change my mind. We'll see. Just seems like stuff for teenage boys who can't get dates.
I aint gonna lie, that's me!

Anyways, it's just amusing what you like and don't like for various reasons...

and a "feel good thoroughly entertaining show with colorful characters"...let me get my pink bow and bonet!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cory

Originally posted by beaker
let me get my pink bow and bonet!
Um...are you supposed to be Mrs. Pac Man? That's an example of bad animation. Do you remeber the show about the Rubic's Cube too? LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Cory

Um...are you supposed to be Mrs. Pac Man? That's an example of bad animation. Do you remeber the show about the Rubic's Cube too? LOL!
In that case let me get my rolled up sleeves and skinny tie^_^
Yeah, I recall a number of early 80's video game cartoons: Pacman, Donkey Kong, Kangaroo, Pitfall, and a couple others I can't remember.

It's all about the rubiux cube yo!

Btw, is it me or does Spongebob dress like he's from a SS youth camp circa 1939?(And we aint talking Sesame Street)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Saw an ALF shirt the other day, Alf's standing in front of a counter and says "Sponge's s*uck!" (don't know if that's an okay word to use or not) and he's scrubing the counter with SpongeBob! That was hilarious!

Oh, I like SpongeBob too.