You're Just Lucky SpongeBob's Not On.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that SpongeBob SquarePants was on during It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas? (I mean, not that it really matters, would have watched Muppets anyway)

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well Spongebob's on too much anyway. There must be only 15 episodes and yet, one can only take so much "Lah-Lah-LAAAH-Lah-Lah..."

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I'm the only person in my family who has not seen this show.

I am rather proud of that.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I'm the only person in my family who has not seen this show.

I am rather proud of that.
Count me in to! The commercials and endless product is enough for me. How Spongebob Poo pants some how seeped into the collective mass merchandise and viewing culture of America is beyond me.

(If only Invader Zim had a third of the product and visibility that wretched show has)

Gonzo

Reaction score
I've never seen it either!

And that's okay.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn
'

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually.. I do like Spongebob.. I'm a huge fan of STUUUUPID cartoon shows. (By stupid I mean, stupid humor, just not something saccarine sweet like Dragontales).

I mean, the humor of the whole thing is watching Squidword squirm....

But besdies that, I think this wasn't a Spongebob bashing post as much as an irony post.

I wish I could see Invader Zim... I am DYING to see that... looks cool! I have no cable, so...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
SPONGEBOB is my second fav NickToon still currently on (The first is HEY ARNOLD, hands down!).
I just love cartoons, no matter how juvenile they are (Hey ... I still find ARTHUR to be a good show, okay? :smile: ). The animation is probably the only thing that'll turn me off of a cartoon. I am not a fan of anime (Dragonball Z, especially. Those drawings are just "TOO" crude for me), and the style of animation used in Cartoon Network's original series -- and FAIRLY ODD PARENTS on Nick -- isn't my cup of tea. FOP and DEXTER"S LABORATORY are good for, say, the first ten minutes.
After that, I usually either leave the room or switch stations.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Spongebob's the # 1 Nick Toon in my book

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory

Spongebob is a wonderful show. It is misguided to compare it with Zim or hold anything against the spongy one because the project received more support from Nick. It's a good show on its own merit and people respond to it. That's why it's promotied so much. That's how entertainment works. I think it does air a little too often, but I don't really watch Nick so it doens't matter to me.

It's a shame that Zim doesn't get the same sort of respect, but the public hasn't responed to it in the same way. It's just a good show on the wrong network. Daytime Nick is kids territory and the show speaks more to teens and adults. Spongebob speaks to everyone. It's a different sort of show. The two really shouldn't be compared. Apples and Oranges...and what sounds a bit like sour grapes. :smile: I wish Zim would have been released the right way, but that's not the sponge's fault.

To my knowlege there are over 60 episodes of Spongebob out there. That's pretty good for a relatively new cable cartoon show.