Your Wishlist for the Coming Year

beaker

Reaction score
Just wondering what all your guy's wishes for 2003 are?

Mine would be:

* MUPPETFEST 2003. It's possible it might end up back in Southern California if it happens at all, due to the facilities there and whatever may come with the Buyout..but California, Cairo, or a fraggle hole in a desert house, I wish for nothing more than for all of us to make it.

* A succesful for th ebetter overall buyout. Whether if its the rat gloves or someone else. Btw...what about SONY? Heck, virtually everything Muppet related be it Muppets, Sesame, etc is released from Sony/Columbia!

*Success in the new Muppet Show coming to Fox, as well as some truly inspired writing...a show that will make us look in happy disbelief instead of a million threads of 'Why'd they even bother?' from folks.

*A new MUPPET MAGAZINE. I think next year is the perfect time to produce a at least bi or tri monthly slick glossy color Muppet Magazine ala Star Wars Insider, Farscape, or Cinescape.
I for one would be more than willing to be a part of that, as Ive longed for a new Muppet magzine since the late 80's.

* Serious work to begin, maybe even preproduction on an epic Muppet film that wont disappoint even the most staunch critics or naysayers.

* A at least limited if not acknowleged Fraggle Rock 20th Anneversery. There was zippo in the Dark Crystal area this year, and Im hoping 2003 dosnt pass without some form of celebration.

And overall I think I just wish for the Muppets to be back to where they left off over a decade ago. Leaving this perception in people's minds that they are just old nostalgia or kiddy fodder crumbled and forging new grounds. I also wish quite bad for Jerry Nelson to be back in top form, and to see some new talent rise in the ranks.

Finally...I just want magical times to begin...
the dream is well alive I believe.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Agree with everything:wink: Let me add:
- FRAGGLE ROCK DVD's!! If not a series, at least a 2 DVD edition or box set

- DINOSAURS on DVD (With Disney, though, I know it's a long shot... )

- IVMMCM on DVD in time for Christmas

- Premier one or two of the Henson UK TV series in the US

- Hope IVMMCM wasn't a sign of the muppets going the way of the POWER RANGERS or NINJA TURTLES

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
Agree with everything:wink: Let me add:
- FRAGGLE ROCK DVD's!! If not a series, at least a 2 DVD edition or box set

- DINOSAURS on DVD (With Disney, though, I know it's a long shot... )

- IVMMCM on DVD in time for Christmas

- Premier one or two of the Henson UK TV series in the US

- Hope IVMMCM wasn't a sign of the muppets going the way of the POWER RANGERS or NINJA TURTLES
Oh I think we'll be seeing at least a couple FR dvds in 2003.
I'd hate to think the only FR dvds I could get would be dubbed French versions. No offense, but it takes about 50% or more away to dub in the Fraggle's voices.

I doubt Dinosaurs will ever have any sort of comeback, but there's always fan trades!

I hold out hope for IAVMMCM on dvd...whether it would be anything more than just the movie I doubt it. If NBC and JHC cut some scenes for the tv audience I doubt theyd wanna show em for the home audience.

While it would be nice to see say Mopatops or Hoobs premiere stateside, they are treated like Sesame International in that they want only those people that it is geographically tailored for to see it. I know, lame. The only snafu to this is Bear, a US production which now has a big following in UK, along with Sesame which is HUGE in Japan(if only classic Muppets/TMS was big there...imagine the imports they would come out with!)

Finally, I totally agree with the Power Rangers comments...but what did ya mean by Ninja Turtles? Unless you meant that early 90's sell out phase, because that first Ninja Turtles film and original comic series has to be some of the coolest action entertainment in ages.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
FOX aired A NINJA TURTLES kiddy live action series; like POWER RANGERS, but more lame (If you can believe that)!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
FOX aired A NINJA TURTLES kiddy live action series; like POWER RANGERS, but more lame (If you can believe that)!
Oh gosh, the Saban thing! hehe...yeah...oh boy I remember.
Remember the straight to home video fourth ninja turtles film 'TMNT the next mutation'? *shivers*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmmm. I don't know, I already ordered "Muppets From Space" from Amazon, because I wanted to test how my credit card was working. I also received volume 5 from Time Life yesterday. So I'm pretty content for now.

*Success in the new Muppet Show coming to Fox, as well as some truly inspired writing...a show that will make us look in happy disbelief instead of a million threads of 'Why'd they even bother?' from folks.
You never know. I think they did a good job with "Muppets Tonight!" Hopefully this one will be just as good or better.

Sweetums

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
You never know. I think they did a good job with "Muppets Tonight!" Hopefully this one will be just as good or better.
I just hope they don't make it a filth-fest.

Thijs

Reaction score
I wish for a new Muppet Show hosted by Kermit, with all the old guys back in the spots, along with the MT guys and some new ones.
comebacks to make: Scooter, Doglion, Sweetums and Cynthia (why not)

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Funny you should mention Fraggle Rock 20th anniversairy....I'm currently writing a "Back to the Rock" fanfic regarding what happens to everybody 20 years later.....(Subtitled:"Never Forget the Magic.")
But I WANT:
A CD for MTM & GMC (I WANT MORE OF THOSE SONGS!!!)
Jim Henson Hour DV set
For the new Muppet show:I'm all for guest CAMEOS instead of guest STARS....I remember from MT how tired of some of the guest stars we could get...Also, back to Theater! The activity wouldn't have to take place strictly THERE, though....You could have a couple of Muppets goin' out into "real life"...I thought of an airport scenario where Piggy/Fozzie/Gonzo/just about anybody are stopped for a random security check....The humor in that is obvious....Or even just views into thier life outside the show...Also, I like the human AND Muppet world, where you can see both interacting on the street like it's no big deal.....And, course, the return of some characters. (And the DISAPPEARANCE of others.)
I WANNA GO TO MUPPETFEST!!!! Since I couldn't make it last year, let there PLEASE be one for 2003!!!
I like the Muppet magazine idea.....
A special OTHER than Christmas...Thanksgiving? Summer? Just a plain special?
DEFINITELY not for 2003, but it's a wish/dream, just the same....A JHC them park. Not just Muppets, but also all the Creature Shop things....Can you imagine a Dark Crystal ride? Breakfasting w/the Dinosaurs?
But my BIGGEST wish: That the Muppets & the Creature Shop will go on FOREVER......