Your Thoughts: Unread posts

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've added a little new feature to the forum today. When you login on the top right-hand corner you'll see a welcome box. Directly underneath this, vBulletin will now display the number of unread posts that you have.

Do you like the feature or does it clutter things up? Let us know what you think. We'll try it out for a few days and decide whether or not it will be a permanent addition.

pepestarr

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that. I think as there are so many posts though it would take a long time to look through so I don't know.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I really like that feature. At a glance you know just how many you haven't read. But it kinda freaked me out, I thought I had broke the forum or something like that. XD

Dunno why, but I thought that. :big_grin:

Thanks for the new feature, Phillip!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like it, because apparently the whole "new posts" feature is supposed to be one of my new best friends. I find it, however slightly annoying because you feel you HAVE to read all of those new posts in order get "caught up" on everything so-to-speak.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the "new posts" link on the middle of every page does the same thing. Hmm... I'm kind of on the fence on this one.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
The first thing I do is Click NEW POSTS when I log on...so either way is ok with me!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well, I think I like it because it takes me directly to the new posts since the last time I was on, which I suppose the new posts button does too, but I think it might be nice especially if I don't get the chance to read all the posts I want to at one time. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense...I'll try it for a day or two before I really decide, but I think it's good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
super muppet said:
Me Too I Can See What D'Snowth Is Saying But I Still Think That It's An Improvement.

Super Muppet
All I'm saying is it sticks out when you log on, and you see it and think "wow, I've ex-amount of new posts to catch up on!", and then everytime you try to read so many new posts, then the number keeps increasing ever-so slightly, then it's like "will I never catch up?".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... So, this new feature is to tell you how many unread posts you have, and it takes you directly to the ones you haven't read? Not sure, but isn't that what the User CP option to get E-mail notices whenever you get a new reply in a subscribed thread for? Works better for me finding those E-mail notices, cause then I just zip on over to the threads and search for what's been added since my last visit. Hope this helps, if any.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well it took me off-guard, because I thought those were Private Messages somehow, and was all, :confused: 273? That can't be right!
I regularily use the new Posts button, and the Mark Forums Read option, so it's not really a new feature for me, it's just in a different spot. I would use it, since it's already a feature I use. But it does seem a little cluttered.
If the feature is kept, is there a way to put it underneath the "You last visited: x" line, because that might make more sense.