1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Unread posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Phillip Administrator

We've added a little new feature to the forum today. When you login on the top right-hand corner you'll see a welcome box. Directly underneath this, vBulletin will now display the number of unread posts that you have.

Do you like the feature or does it clutter things up? Let us know what you think. We'll try it out for a few days and decide whether or not it will be a permanent addition.
  2. pepestarr New Member

Yeah I saw that. I think as there are so many posts though it would take a long time to look through so I don't know.
  3. ReneeLouvier Active Member

I really like that feature. At a glance you know just how many you haven't read. But it kinda freaked me out, I thought I had broke the forum or something like that. XD

Dunno why, but I thought that. :D

Thanks for the new feature, Phillip!
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I like it, because apparently the whole "new posts" feature is supposed to be one of my new best friends. I find it, however slightly annoying because you feel you HAVE to read all of those new posts in order get "caught up" on everything so-to-speak.
  5. Phillip Administrator

Keep in mind the "new posts" link on the middle of every page does the same thing. Hmm... I'm kind of on the fence on this one.
  6. sugarbritchez Active Member

The first thing I do is Click NEW POSTS when I log on...so either way is ok with me!!!
  7. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Well, I think I like it because it takes me directly to the new posts since the last time I was on, which I suppose the new posts button does too, but I think it might be nice especially if I don't get the chance to read all the posts I want to at one time. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense...I'll try it for a day or two before I really decide, but I think it's good.
  8. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is it sticks out when you log on, and you see it and think "wow, I've ex-amount of new posts to catch up on!", and then everytime you try to read so many new posts, then the number keeps increasing ever-so slightly, then it's like "will I never catch up?".
  9. The Count Moderator

Well... So, this new feature is to tell you how many unread posts you have, and it takes you directly to the ones you haven't read? Not sure, but isn't that what the User CP option to get E-mail notices whenever you get a new reply in a subscribed thread for? Works better for me finding those E-mail notices, cause then I just zip on over to the threads and search for what's been added since my last visit. Hope this helps, if any.
  10. MrsPepper Active Member

Well it took me off-guard, because I thought those were Private Messages somehow, and was all, :confused: 273? That can't be right!
    I regularily use the new Posts button, and the Mark Forums Read option, so it's not really a new feature for me, it's just in a different spot. I would use it, since it's already a feature I use. But it does seem a little cluttered.
    If the feature is kept, is there a way to put it underneath the "You last visited: x" line, because that might make more sense.
  11. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

This feature should be programmed to only show the new posts, not the ones that haven't been read yet. It is a nice feature though!
  12. anythingmuppet New Member

I got freaked out alright. I thought those were PM's! lol :) Its nice, but I dont like it that much..
  13. I thought they were pms to!! I was like, I never get any pms at all and now I have 281!!!
  14. The Count Moderator

Well... Just so you guys know. You can only have a maximum of 30 PM's stored in your inbox at one time before getting the "Inbox is Full" message. Palisades' boards have space for 70 messages, but I guess 30's okay for now.
    Thought that might help clear up any confusion.
  15. rtgentry Member

I really dont like it. It makes it look clutered
  16. It shows how many posts I really do not read... which I do not go to more then half the forums on here because I do not know anything about the older muppets...
  17. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Its ok. But maybe there could be an option to clear it, or not display it. Its kinda been getting on my nerves
  18. Phillip Administrator

I think we'll disable it for the time being. Thanks for the feedback guys.
  19. The Count Moderator

Well... You win some and you lose some.
    Keep up the great work running the joint Phillip.
  20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to agree with The Count on this one.