1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 6, 2005.

?

Because there are scenes edited from The Muppet Show DVDs:

1. I am no longer buying the set

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. I haven't decided yet

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. I'm still buying the set

100 vote(s)
    87.7%

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

2. anathema

anathema Active Member

For the LAST TIME: IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. If the rights owners do not want to licence the song, there is nothing that you, I, Disney or GOD can do about it.
  3. Dil

Dil Guest

NOBODY will EVER make the complete 1st Season of TMS on DVD at all... EVER! Is that true?
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

No they WON'T! :rolleyes: NOT EVER!! :sympathy: and by "Nobody" u mean is Disney! we're LUCKY we even have one! :smirk:
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

*sigh*...I give up.

No, nothing's impossible. But it's not particularly likely that this will happen any time soon, and it probably won't happen at all - even in the event that the rights situation changes, the sales of an uncut boxset are going to be limited largely to people who a) know and b) care that the first release was cut and c) either didn't buy the first one or else are prepared to shell out a second time, so Disney are highly unlikely to consider it financially viable, and that's the bottom line: if they don't believe it will sell, they have no reason to do it.

The boxset is cut. Live with it. If you're that desperate to see the uncut shows, then I can only suggest that you try and trade with someone. They're not exactly difficult to obtain - I've had uncut copies for years. The only things that are hard to find are: some of the original Season 1 openings, which *are* included in the Disney set, and the original closings, which aren't.
  6. Dil

Dil Guest

If Disney made the 1st Season DVD Complete, they would have to go...
    to JAIL!!! Right?
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

Just drop it. Please.
  8. Dil

Dil Guest

If I have the powers of hypnotive, I would be able to make the music owners bring the rights to Disney. That would have been the only way Disney would EVER, EVER, EEEVVVVVVVERRR get the licence.

DON'T GET JEALOUS, ANATHEMA!!!!!!!
  9. Dil

Dil Guest

:mad: Listen, You Owners Of The Edited Songs!! IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOUR MINDS AND BRING DISNEY THE RIGHTS OF YOUR SONGS, I'M GONNA CURSE YOU!!! CURSE YOU, I TELL YOU!! I CURSE YOU AND MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR MINDS!! HA HA HA HA HAAHH!!!

Even that won't work?
    (Don't get jealous, Anathema, and answer that question 'Even that won't work?', please.)

I DON'T WANT DISNEY TO OWN THE RIGHTS OF THE MUPPETS ANYMORE, AND I WENT THEM TO BRING THE RIGHTS OF THE MUPPETS TO THE COMPANY WHO OWNS ALL THE SONGS USED ON THE MUPPET SHOW!!!
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

just stop...PLEASE!?! :smirk: The song owners to own the Muppets? are u joking? theres like 100 diffrent song owners for EACH song used on the Muppet show! :attitude:
  11. anathema

anathema Active Member

Ok, I think it's pretty obvious what he's doing now, so can I make a suggestion?

Don't feed the troll.
  12. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

eh yea you think...he hardly ever makes any sense..
  13. anathema

anathema Active Member

And then there's the poor spelling and grammar - and indeed, grasp of English - not to mention the inability to understand the word "stop". Classic trolling...

I must be getting rusty - I used to be able to spot trolls much faster than this :)
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Can I just say the irony of the situation that has crossed my mind?

For a person who has stated elsewhere that he doesn't really like the first season all that much here he's been getting all upset and sulky over the fact that edits had to be made to the DVD release and demanding that it be re-released uncut.:crazy: :p
  15. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

This thread descended into farce several pages ago...
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

So very true...
  17. Dil

Dil Guest

What happens to Disney if they used the songs they could never own on the Season 1 DVD?

Go ahead tell me the answer. Don't complain. Just answer the question.
  18. anathema

anathema Active Member

They leave themselves open to legal action on the part of the people or companies whose rights they've just infringed upon. This is not something that a responsible company is going to do...

Disney do not need to "own" the rights to the songs. They need to obtain a license from the rights-holders in order to use them. And to forestall your next question: the rights for TV broadcast and home-video releases are very very different, which is why The Muppet Show can continue to air uncut to this day.
  19. David French

David French Member

I've yet to post my thoughts on the whole set...or at least I don't think I have. Anyway, just with regards to the cut music...

The following comes from the FAQ section of a Technical Forum for a BBC TV series...

The question was along the lines of "Why is there such a problem with the uses of copyright music with BBC shows unlike non-BBC shows made by companies such as ITC?"

The answer was "When most BBC TV shows were made the rights for the use of a particular piece of music were negotiated on the basis of use for one transmission and possibly one repeat, without a view on the worldwide market. ITC supplied a worldwide market, and the rights for the clips were negotiated for use in perpetuity, or at least for a very long time."

Of course, ITC no longer exists and most of their archive is now owned by Granada International, with the exception of some shows including The Muppet Show. Now here's the thing, I strongly suspect that if TMS was part of Granda International there would be no problem and the songs could have been released. Sadly because they have changed ownership over the years the rights have to be renegotiated and therefore we have the situation as it is right now.
  20. Dil

Dil Guest

What they could have done is use hypnotive on the song owners to bring the rights to Disney. But unfortunatly, after the hypnotive, the song owners might call the police to arrest Disney for hypnotizing the song owners, right?