Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

What did you think of "The Street We Live On" special?

• I thought it was good

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • I was very disappointed

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I meant The Muppet Movie. :embarrassed:

And it looks like this will be a hot topic in the forums for awhile.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I just watched it, and I thought it was wonderful! For the letter of the day, "C", they had the cartoon typewriter guy! That's so wonderful! I didn't really care for that new version of "Me and My Chair" though, I prefer the old one with the man singing, and accompanied by nothing but a piano. I COULDN'T BELIEVE THEY SHOWED BAKER #10!!!! They did edit in the "10 bells" part, it looks like, but it's still good they used it after 16 years! And I loved the way Grover went back through the time travel! And I thought that composition "The Street We Live On" was FABULOUS! It sounded like it was from a musical!! And you know what I especially loved at the end? That timeline of old clips!! And they even changed the TV sets for the appropriate times! And they had Mahna Mahna during the credits, and my station DIDN'T talk over it!! It was great! I DVD'd it!

teebs

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
2. Who was doing the Count?
Not sure who was puppeteering, but it was Jerry's voice.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I semi-liked it. I think it should have been longer, have more old clips and possibly less Elmo's World. I like Berts Line though "Oh... Well how do I get out of Elmo's World?" I'm sure everyones felt like that MORE than once. There were also new puppets like Grover, Baby Bear and Telly (I think his face is to fat now).

Hays

Reaction score
Loved seeing the old clips - esp. Beverly Sills (?) doing "C is for Cookie" one of my faves as a kid, I remember singing it opera-style. Wish it hadn't been "Elmo's World" style, too much time spent on those bits.

The baker falling down the stairs brought up an interesting point - notice they rarely COUNT the number more than once; when they do, they don't label a group of things? It's a shame those clips were axed because of the physical humor, because their educational value is better than anything else since. My biggest challenge with my three-year-old is getting him to understand that you only count each thing once.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow

It looks like most Muppet fans weren't really happy with this.