Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

Whatever

Reaction score
I LOVED "call the Munchkins, let's do lunchkins."
And Sweetums.
In the castle of the Witch of the West, there were two parodies of parodies: Piggy had already parodied Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" and da Vinci's "Mona Lisa, but this showed the Witsch of the West Piggy as these paintings. I loved it.
And the penguins.
Gonzo and Fozzie were gorgeous.
I loved the Frank Oz line, I squealed!
And did you see they used the hunchback from the Debbie Harry episode of TMS?
The Swedish Chef was an awesome suprise!
But since Sweetums turned out to be a good guy in MTI, I thought it was weak to have himg and the flying monkeys- MTI villans for the most part- turn out to be OK in this film as well.

FROGLUVR

Reaction score
:smile: I have to say I really loved it, but then I like anything with Kermit. I want to know where I can get a Kermit the Frog Scarecrow plush!

wolfgrau

Reaction score
Disapointed..

I was disapointed in it personally.

The muppets of course had good acting.
But overall I wasn't impressed with a number of things.

1) Ashante had no energy at all. We were watching it as a family here and family members lost intrest very quickly. The comment was a lack of energy. Also Ashante wasn't that good of an actor.

2) The director i think shot the movie wrong. Their were too many times where the shots were framed that drew your eyes towards the massive amount of headroom he left. Though i can understand it's difficult do to the size diffrence between the muppets and Ashante, but still.

Now their were a couple of good things.

I think the script was good. Their were some *great* lines.
As I said the muppets gave a great performance.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I taped it and what can I say? it was GREAT from start to the end. and I don't care what any one else says, it was great and if any one says any diffrent isnt a ture Muppets fan, I support it 100% :big_grin:.

PARTS I LOVED:

Pepe saying "Its a Small World" a Disney park thing lol.

Gonzo and the Nipples thing, that was funny and :confused: lol

The EM band playing even tho Dr. Teeth only sayed a line, but I loved it.

Statler & Waldorf, dressed up as goats? funny stuff, goats right? lol

Kermit asking the Wiz if he was related to Mr. Frank Oz

The crow pecking Kermit and then his eye balls pop out, haha...

lets see ahhh... Oh yeah, Eisner with Kermit, Pepe, Piggy, Gonzo and some :zany: was shocking, well Eisner showing up was! but it was good, got it on tape!

and at the end almost when Pepe says "What freekyland is she in ok, Tommarowland, canada" and I THINK he sayed adventureland? lol hahah get it the Disney Park stuff? lol

Crazy Harry talked, a little...

The ONLY part of the movie I felt bad at, is when the "monkeys" ripped Kermits arms off and made poor ol Gonzos head spin off *sniff* But i'd know they's be alright.

Over all I can't wait to buy the DVD and it gets an A+ from here!

And was it just me or was Sam TALL???!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
WOW 170 people on this thred wow people must have really watched the movie im glad it was a great movie loved every minite of it. :smile: :embarrassed: :
concern: Oh yea Fozzie and Gonzo are back as being friends thery kind of werent talking to each other mush i thought that was sweet to see.

and i know the guys over in SWHUB or how ever you spell it the clue that look at steve's ya know. would love what piggy did to kermit lol i loved it. lol the sound was off but i loved it.

turlem

Reaction score
It was good, not great, but good. I'll do a full review

The Good:

It brought back music, MFS had no muppety music, VMMCM had only one song, but it was an effort. This finally brought back Music, even if it had some music by ashanti, who i don't paticularly like, the good part about her was it brought back the music, even if oi'm not a huge fan of her music. The best song was definately the one with all 3 of the main muppets with Ashanti. The opening line had me in tears when Kermit said "Where my brain should be, there's a Cavity"

Scooter had a perfect role for him, as did Sam, camilla, Sal and Johnny.

Tambor was a great wizard, the thumb thing was hilarious.

I was surprised that i did like Queen Latifah, and even david alan greer(who usually annoys me)

The Mayhem had a couple of cool cameos, talking would have been nice, but it was good enough what they had.

Clifford! cool

The Bad

No rowlf, all he hjad was a negligible cameo at the end, he should have been toto. he would've grounded the whole movie with dry humor, pepe wasn't too bad, sometimes he annoys me, and he did a little in this film, but it could have been worse. The next movie needs more rowlf

The CGI scene was a bit weird to me at first, but i understood later w/ the glasses

not enough jokes, and No running gags, muppets do running gags better than anyone else, it wasn't here at all

Tarantino thing as stupid

The Ugly

Eisner

Sam's puppet seemed a bit weird, Fozzie sounded alot like piggy early on

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I just finished watching The Muppet Wizard of Oz on TV and, though I supported the Muppets by watching straight through to its conclusion and not switching the channel, I hate to say it... but... I won't be buying the soundtrack CD or the DVD. I think... no, I know, that they could have done better. I've seen the Muppets do extremely well without their ingenius and loving creator with the likes of Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol. I know they can still stand at the top in their prime. But this certainly wasn't their prime, in my eyes. I don't know if it's because of Disney or anything, but something just wasn't there. The magick, maybe? Watching it felt different, in a bad way. In fact, the only saving grace, to me, was the dragon that the Wizard took the shape of when confronting Fozzie as the Lion --- that was awesome.

And, that's my two cents, for what it's worth. I love the Muppets and I'll support them until the end, but I just didn't like this special.

beakerrules45

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed this time. They don't have anymore of the really good jokes that are in the other movies. I'll admit it had some funny parts, but for the most part, it just wasn't like all the other Muppet movies. When they started the movie out with singing, I thought that this was going to stink. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was disappointing. But Beaker was awesome like he always is!!! :eek:

BTW, did anyone alse notice that the thing over Ms. Piggy's bath looked like it was from Harry Potter? What did that have to do with anything?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sylinde Bren said:
I love the Muppets and I'll support them until the end, but I just didn't like this special.
well at least you still suport them i gusse thats says somthing.

raysgal

Reaction score
Oh, my gosh. The references. They killed me with the references. In a good way that is. I cracked up when Fozzie said, "She who must not be named."

Of course, I also laughed in shock with the, "Those are my nipples." I had to think about it for a moment before I figured out it was okay to laugh.

This movie could have been better though. Like finding another person to play Dorothy. Ashanti didn't impress me at all. They should have gotten Brandy. She's good. Or just someone else all together. They could have also done with more cameos. The movie was lacking celebrity cameos.

I wasn't really impressed with the songs. They were lacking the usual charm and hook a Muppet song has. I don't know if I'll buy the CD.

Overall, I'll say it was a cute movie and I'll watch it again later.