1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

YOU DIDN'T SEE IT? OH NO!! i THOUGHT YOU SAW IT!!
    I won't give any spoilers, you won't believe how the theater is saved, it's just a big surprise. You will not expect that coming.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

no im seeing it in a hour lol but its alright
  3. Muppet fan 123

Yeah okay. You will LOVE it.
    I saw it for a second time today.
    Loved it all over again.
  4. muppetlover123

o nice how was the theme song recreation
  5. Muppet fan 123

I actually loved it a lot. I felt like I was watching an episode of The Muppet Show on the big screen. Also at the beginning they show some classic moments from the Muppet Show. Also make sure you're there for the Toy Story short, it's not as good as Haiiwaiin Vacation, but it's definatley worth a look.
  6. muppetlover123

o ok lol got to go to the theater have a big and long review later
  7. Muppet fan 123

Have fun!! Enjoy!!
  8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'm gonna do a video review of the movie on youtube sometime but I will say this...

Jason Segel is to the Muppets as Christopher Nolan is to Batman. Yes, it's THAT good.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Words completely and utterly escape me. While I think we have to wait to hear about box office to really say the Muppets are back commercially, they're freakin' back spiritually BAYBEEEEE! No more depressed Gonzo from MFS and LTS... he's back with Camilla and doing crazy stunts... the way Gonzo was meant to be! The Piggy/Kermit relationship is back to being complex and loving instead of fat joke/Hiya... And Link Hogthrob is all over the movie, though he doesn't have any non-singing lines. My only problem is that they had to cut stuff out! Hopefully the DVD will see an extended edition.

Walter was completely lovable and accident prone. Perfectly Muppet. The humans, while they do set about the action and have a subplot, don't take away from the Muppets (at least in an MCC MTI sort of way)... and their romantic subplot was completely organic and not forced...Uncle Deadly breaking free of Tex Richman because he's a Muppet at heart had a real soul to it...

Even the depressed, almost hopeless Kermit was true and very deep. I don't see where this "disrespect" for the characters comes from. Wasn't Kermit like that in the desert in the first movie? The fact that he's been away from his friends, faded away as a celebrity, and has been away from the pig he loved for so long, made him lose his self confidence, and Walter beautifully lit a fire under him, bringing him back to the dreaming amphibian we all love. Unlike the Kermit that just smiled and joked away all through MFS.

The fact they even address Kermit having problems with Piggy being overly dramatic in the relationship and saying that it causes him to do things that hurt her (which he doesn't like at all) explains what I've been saying for years. Again, no pig joke/Hiyaaah. A real, organic relationship from the minds of the best romantic comedy ever, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. And they did touch upon his closeness with Fozzie, the first one he met in the events of TMM. Foz always seemed to be Kermit's closest friend.

And I absolutely loved the love letter to the original projects... clips of the Muppet Show being watched by Gary and Walter... Walter's Muppet and Muppet Baby collection, nods to the movies... Sweetums still working at Mad Man Mooney's, and shouting "Aw! Not again!" And those worrying? Jim's legacy was not hidden. A very noticable picture of Jim hung in Kermit and Piggy's house. A loving tribute.

And of course, the actual stage show... the movie plays out in some cases like a superior quality VMX, without the rapid fire pop culture bits. It moves fast, but not so fast you don't get to digest what's going on. I tell yah, great movie and it made the Hour and 45 minute runtime fly by. Even the existing music worked beautifully.'

I give it 5 Wows! Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!

I also feel I must touch upon the Toy Story short. I liked it better than Hawaiin vacation. Maybe cuz Zurg was there...
  10. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Perfect in every way, aspect, shape, and form. The Muppets have truly returned in full form.

The Old: After 21 year of Kermit without Jim Henson around, the frog has become the character we all know and love just exactly as he was on The Muppet Show. He was pure and vulnerable just as he was before. His relationship with Piggy was perfect too! And Kermit was just pitch perfect. Fozzie and Piggy were just as they were back in the 70's too! Fozzie is still the same, trying to be confident in his jokes and Piggy is not a one-dimensional diva anymore. Gonzo, while lacking in screentime, was the stuntman he was too! The head-bowling act brought out his Muppet Show self after becoming a less dangerous replacement to Fozzie in the 90's. And the rest of gang, the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, Rowlf, that have since the 90's have become backgrounders, were also used perfectly and were put right back in their quirky roles. The usual backgrounders were given bigger roles too, and this was fantastic. Just to see Marvin Suggs, Bobby Benson, Wayne, Wanda, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, the Mutations, Thog, and Uncle Deadly in 2011 is a miracle.

The New: Walter represented the obsessed Muppet fan (us) perfectly, doing every aspect right. His journey was as breathtaking as Kermit and Piggy's love relationship; his nerve-wracking talent search was amazing and his true belief in the Muppets was incredibly believable. Gary, as played by Segel, did a great job and his tough decision was as well believable. Mary was a great character too, with her lonely longing for marriage. Then there's the villians: Tex Richman was incredibly hilarious and a very greedy villain. Maybe not as good as Nicky Holiday or Doc Hopper but was a amazing villian. The Moopets was also hilarious. And Bobo was funny as ever. And Uncle Deadly... perfect! Also, 80's Robot was a standout performance!

I loved this movie inside, out, and overall! By far one of the best Muppet movies ever and one of the best movies ever as well!
    Duke Remington and LinkiePie<3 like this.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It definitely was THE best Post-Henson Muppet project there is. See? All it took was some new blood.
  12. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Was there even a cameo of Clifford, or did Clash LIE TO US? If he's in the movie, he's in the deleted scenes, at least.
  13. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

We got to see it this morning (first showing and they made me wait until 11:10!). I can't add much more to what has already been said, but I genuinely loved it! As good as MM, GMC, MTM? Not quite but definitely thoroughly entertaining. The best part (and this has been said before) is that this movie is for the FANS - that's us!

I have to agree about some of the editing - so odd. Why oh why can't movies be 3 hours long??! Those edits better end up on the DVD is all I gotta say... are you listening Disney?!
  14. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I just got back from the movies and I must say, I absolutely loved it!

Kermit/Piggy is probably what made me love it so much! The confrontational moment in Paris between the 2, Piggy coming back, Piggy taking charge of the troops if you will when Kermit is down, and then their kiss <3 I wish their kiss would have been longer as well, but, I feel that since they were doing a number they were being professional <3

Their relationship is just so real, and its not perfect, never was, but they're making it work because they love each, truly, madly and deeply! <333

Now, I was prepared to hate Walter, I mean, I didn't think he was cute, I thought his voice was annoying, but, I have to say, I've got a soft spot for the little guy now :) He's so dorky in this cute lovable way and he was easy to relate to (which surprised me most of all). I really like Walter :)!

And I don't know about anyone else, but, I loved the 80s montage moments and I especially loved the Muppets cleaning up the theater to 'We Built This City'

Overall, I absolutely positively loved it! I laughed, I cried, smiled at references scattered through out and then I cried out of sheer joy and happiness!

Love led Kermit and Piggy right back to where they belong: Side by side and together again <3 (yes, that is a chunk of references)

And I must say, I just wanted to hug Scooter in his little tuxedo ^^ He looked so handsome (and cuddly ;))
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  15. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I've already seen it twice haha...It was a lovely, and awesome movie. I enjoyed most of the songs, and I ADORE Walter. He is a good addition. I loved how Scooter had more of a role. I also loved references to other muppet movies. Overall it was a GREAT movie! :)
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I complied my thoughts (most of them anyway) into this Tumblr post. To sum it, it was funny, had great songs, it was great to see all these characters return, but it was kinda too fast-paced and the ending was cut short.
  17. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I saw it at midnight, saw it at a matinee showing, and I'll probably see it a couple more times before it comes out on DVD. It's just that good!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

I saw it last Thursday before it came out and I loved it so much that i just had to see it again. So I had to wait until the 23rd (that's today) to see it.
    I saw it a second time and just loved it all over again.
    I'll probably see it again soon for a third time.
    I can't wait till it comes out on DVD!!!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  19. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

I'm going to sum up my thoughts in 4 words...

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOODNESS!!!

I totally cried... CRIED... when they recreated their classic TMS theme and loved the Mahna Mahna at the end with the cameos. My only complaint was that out of all of the cameos that were supposedly filmed, we only got a few... they were great (especially the one during "Man or Muppet") but I had expected more since there was reportedly more... other than that... GO SEE THIS MOVIE... NOW!!!

"Mama, I wanna see Breaking Dawn not some stupid Muppet movie!"
    "You're gonna watch this movie and LIKE IT!!"

AFTER:
    "(crying) I love you so much, Mama... Thank you!!"
    "I know, baby... I KNOW."

^^ It's THAT life CHANGING!!! (And yes, that WAS a true story based on what I heard from this mother-daughter group at my theater.)
  20. Muppet fan 123

Who was that cameo who played the human version of Walter?