The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The Who Are You bit for Chip began in the pilot preview. Chip and several other minor or obscure Muppets ask Kermit if there will a place for them in the show. Some of the others were Beautiful Day Monster and Happy Yellow Creature/Thingy-Thing. Kermit says yes there will be, but then asks Chip "And who are you?" Chip then reappears a few times saying lines like "I am sure I was in Muppet Treasure Island". The Chip puppet is actually from the Jim Henson Hour. He was designed after then writer Bill Prady. Bill is now one of the producers and show runners of this show. So we should expect to see more of Chip. And as far as no one else knowing his name, I work in a large office with many other companies and there are some folk who I interact with regularly in the elevator or outside having lunch and if I was ever asked to name them I would point very dramatically behind the person asking and then when their back is turned run away quickly.
Yeah, I understand him being an obscure Muppet and all but I just meant within the actual world of the show. You do bring up a good point about not knowing the name of everyone in your building though. I guess I just feel like 'it's the Muppets', a big family: you would think they would all know each other's name.

There's no consistency. It's like Piggy doesn't know who Fozzie and Gonzo are yet she knows Beaker and Scooter by name. Whatever; I'm nitpicking. I just found it odd.

Chip is ugly though and his design freaks me out whenever I see him. I think it's due to how his eyes are and that nose.
His mouth; it's so odd. He's the only Muppet thats mouth is more like a human mouth and less like a sock puppet. I think that's why they made his personality so dim-witted and weird. The way he looks when he talks; it's just weird.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
His mouth; it's so odd. He's the only Muppet thats mouth is more like a human mouth and less like a sock puppet. I think that's why they made his personality so dim-witted and weird. The way he looks when he talks; it's just weird.
chips face should be under the trope NIGHTMARE FUEL.

drteethcool

Reaction score

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is everybody freaking out about the ratings? Over 4 million people watched the show yesterday.The ratings always go down a bit after a shows first one or two episodes,it happened with Parks and Rec , it happened with Black-ish it happened with New Girl. As long as the viewership for The Muppets remains steady from this point we'll be fine.

drteethcool

Reaction score
Well it is my new favorite show on Tuesday.
it worries me when i see people not liking something good like this show.
What i don't understand is why some people are getting upset over the edgy humor in this show and saying something like this is not what Jim Henson wanted for the Muppets. When the people that knew him best like his friends and family said on that show in their own words that this is what Jim Wanted for his Muppets. Plus they have always been edgy.
Some of their songs even have a couple of edgy words in them.
In can you picture one of Dr teeth's lines is Everybodys Lover.
And Don't Blame the dynamite. I love both of this songs.
and I know I have said this before but I really like the Welkins coffee ads that they did. This show is to me a lot better then show Like Family Guy and South Park.
and lets not forget that the Simpsons have always done edgy humor.
I like both the Muppets and The Simpsons.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have an etiquette question for Philip or The Count or one of the other moderators here. If I wanted to start a thread about things we hope to see on the new Muppets show, which board should it be posted? Classic Muppets seems to be more of the original show. These threads are specific to certain episodes. I've never started a thread here, so I want to make sure my first is correct.
Hi Jobi!
I'm not a moderator, but I think I can answer your question. First, before starting a thread always do a search to make sure that there is not a tread already posted on what you want to talk about. Secondly, use your best judgment on what category to put your new thread in. If for some reason it would need to be moved one of the mods would do that for you. If it was me for your particular subject I would post it in the Classic Muppet section. I hope that helps.

oknazevad

Reaction score
Could be worse. Chip's a bit freaky, but at least he's not the reanimated cybernetic corpse that was Digit. Honestly, most of the new designs for the Jim Henson Hour were of an aesthetic that were kinda nightmare fuel-ish. Most of Solid Foam (the band) was okay (except Digit himself), but a lot of them seem like the designers had spent too much time working on Creature Shop creations and therefore had too much of that look in mind. A lot of them were just too freaky. Even Clifford (who became a pretty regular character for over a decade) is kinda freaky when you think about it, though that is softened by the bright coloration somewhat.