The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write" at 8|7c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 103 - "Bear Left Then Bear Write"

Kermit gives Fozzie advice that the bear, as usual, goes to extremes to heed, so Nick Offerman offers the gang a helping hand. Meanwhile, Christina Applegate is a guest on Miss Piggy's late-night show; and Pepe, Rizzo and Liam Hemsworth weigh in on Gonzo's online-dating problems.

If you missed "Bear Left Then Bear Write" or if you want to watch it again, this episode is now on-line.

If you saw "Bear Left Then Bear Write" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
This episode was MUCH better than last weeks episode and I really enjoyed it even though the subplot with gonzo was sad. Liam should be ashamed of himself doing that. Poor Gonzo.
also chip is a very freaky looking muppet.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Another enjoyable episode. Loved the Kermit-Fozzie plot. Really displayed their friendship well. Tranquillized Fozzie was a riot! "Maybe we can use these to find my hat..."

Didn't care for the Gonzo subplot, honestly. Too harsh of an ending.

Piggy's plot was 'meh'. Admittedly laughed when she got arrested at the end.

And of course, Chip and Rowlf. Nuff said.

Btw the Swedish Chef joke was both funny and cringeworthy!

ploobis

Reaction score
OMG, this episode was Hilarious! I love the plot with Fozzie in the woods and I love Chip the IT Guy!

It was also nice seeing more about Kermit & Fozzie's relationship. It was both Funny and Touching.

I think this is my Favorite episode of the Season so far! :smile: :embarrassed:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I took all of these notes while watching the show yesterday.......

There was a nice focus shift on this episode from Kermit/Piggy to Kermit/Fozzie. The guest stars were great once again and it was cool to see Chip join the group for this round (He’s the IT Guy).

The Highlights:

This exchange:

Swedish Chef: No! No! Me-gan!

Applegate: Oh, YOU’RE Megan? You go girl! Live your truth!

The way Swedish Chef snapped his fingers and just worked the moment killed me! Couldn’t stop laughing!!!

· Gonzo’s a ‘cute little elephant beaver’!

· Kermit trying to pose as a baseball trophy. I love how there are moments that work really well because they are handled so naturally.

· Rowlf’s Tavern!!

· Yolanda for the win!!!

· “Just so you know. The tagline was ‘Sex it to me, Sokky Boys!!!!”

Kermit and Fozzie’s friendship was explored and portrayed quite well here. Kermit was being his typical self and lying for the sake of Fozzie’s feelings. Fozzie deciding to try and write a movie all by himselfin retaliation was very in character (and of course he goes to the woods to do so!). The frog’s and bear’s camaraderie was wonderful to see. The best example being the ‘You’re the man!’ throw-back-and-forth during the show.

· Also, this exchange:

Fozzie: Have you ever been shot by a tranquilizer dart?

Kermit: No, but I licked my third cousin once and the walls started melting, so I feel you bro.

Fozzie: Ye-yeah. We are bro-thers, aren’t we?

Kermit offering to turn the sketch into a project they can work on together was a fantastic and sweet resolution to the A-story line. I really enjoyed this particular story-arc and I hope we get similar stories in the future.

· TRANQUILISED FOZZIE IS SO ADORABLE!!! I would love to see him drunk at a party.

The Lowlights:

· The Miss Piggy vs Applegate thing was quite boring and very typical of the Piggy I don’t like. It was more of a weak filler than anything else and I’m glad it didn’t take up too much screen time. Piggy really needs a lot of character development before the writers can start to put her in situations where she’s not accomplishing anything.

· Ditto for Gonzo’s online dating B-storyline. It was fun to have Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe, sure. And Liam Hemsworth is always great! But again, it really did feel like filler material.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
one question when the wind blew up when fozzie was in the woods did it make fozzie's tent fly away? If so that was hilarious. This episode is much better than last week's as I said already

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Glad to see Rowlf back, if only for a little bit. The bar set looks great, so I assume we'll be returning here for more episodes soon.

I liked the episode, though it did seem like they were trying to fit in too much in their 22 minutes again. The Nick Offerman subplot, although funny with his requests, seemed like it needed another scene with him actually announcing. Same with Gonzo's storyline. Perhaps the show needs to focus on just an A and B plot instead of A/B/C due to time constraints.

But there were still great jokes, seeing Fozzie's tent blow away while he was talking, him swallowing a bug, no one knowing who Chip was, Sam talking about how unfunny Fozzie was. And it was good to see Kermit realize the error of his ways and come clean to Fozzie. All in all, another good episode that keeps the show on a promising streak.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Also for the most part everyone seems to be more in character this time without any weird humor. I hope something good happens for gonzo in the next episode or soon because his plot was depressing. Maybe camilla (which chicken) will come back.
also Denise is adorable.

ploobis

Reaction score
It would be nice to see what happened between Gonzo and Camilla in a future episode.

Maybe she flew the coop! LOL!!! just kidding. :cluck: