1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 3, 2011.

?

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. We Built This City - Starship

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  15. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i know i love how in the end bobo got all of tex's show girls
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Does Tex Richman say how much he hates the Muppet Show in the full version of the song `Lets Talk about me
    I didnt like that part of the song
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Did Anyone notice itunes has a second version of Rainbow connection mostly a Solo by Kermit with backgrounds by other Muppets in the ending chorus and different instrumentals?

ITS AMAZING!

its right after Mahna Mahna on the list
  5. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I heard about it. It's exclusive only to iTunes, I believe. I must get a copy sometime soon!
  6. Frogpuppeteer

i actually bought so again if you wish a copy pm me
  7. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I can't even count how many times I've listened to this already. I'd need a lot more than just two hands to count it.. ;)
  8. Puckrox

I've been stuck in a car for the past six hours of my life (oh iPhone, your Internet access is a god send) and will be still stuck for another hour. Thanks to the Muppets soundtrack I have been anything but bored. I've been listening to it all this time. There was even one hour where I did literally nothing except listen to Pictures in My Head. Mmhmm, yup. But now I'm starting to feel cramped. Blarg.
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

:grouchy:: Hey, leave me outta this! I HATE happy songs!
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really should pick this up. Sounds like the songs are extended quite a bit, and the Smells like Teen Spirit must be a joy to listen to clean outside of the context of the movie and Jack Black screaming.
  11. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I absolutely LOVE the new Muppets soundtrack! It is FANTASTIC! We listened to it on the way home back to Dallas after Thanksgiving Holiday...we had an 11 hour drive and listened to nothing but Muppet Radio on SirusXM and the new soundtrack all the way. It definitely made the road trip fun! Going to take my girls and see the new movie again this weekend.

Muppets4ever! :)
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  12. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I genuinely love this soundtrack! ! Sure some of the Muppets sound "different", but this is 100% Muppets. Interesting anecdote for you here...

The UK has yet to really be exposed to the "Muppet Domination" as we don't get the movie until February, so imagine the startled look on shoppers faces in my local supermarket as "Forget You" blasted out of my Crossfires speakers as I pulled up the other day :) I'm pretty sure I was immediately labelled "nuts"!!

I can't wait to see this movie!!!
    TikiColadas likes this.
  13. Puckrox

"Pictures in My Head" has officially made it into my top ten most listened to song on iTunes. I bet it'll be in the top five by tomorrow...
    TikiColadas likes this.
  14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

This soundtrack is AWESOME!!! My favorites are Life's A Happy Song Finale, Rainbow Connection (though I wish it was exactly as it was in the film), and Pictures In My Head. I especially love the dialog tracks, pure Muppety Goodness!! :D

Gonna catch the movie again this coming weekend, with my Boy in tow (he's always better behaved when it's just us guys, lol). He & his Mama missed the last 10 to 15 minutes the first time around, so I gotta make sure he sees Rainbow Connection on the big screen. :)

Mahna Mahna!!
  15. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Love the soundtrack! Just put it on shuffle, just to make it a bit odd. You should've heard what just went on, It went from Kermit asking Tex Richman from the studio back, as an answer it shuffled to "Forget You/F*** you", I guess that's a no! hah!
    Puckrox likes this.
  16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

"You could have just said no instead of clucking profanities..."
    Bannanasketch and muppetlover123 like this.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I bought the soundtrack right before seeing the movie and if i did not like the songs in the movie I was going to return the soundtrack. It's been a week, and I'm so in love with this CD! Did anyone else have a hard time voteing for there favorite song on here I know I sure did?
    Man or Muppet was great in the movie I loved how they did that, the song is something that I think a lot of us feel sometimes, and I think you can really feel Jason almost questioning it himself. Gary and Walter sound great together it's just a beautiful mix, and would love to hear more from them.
    I have listend to Pictures in my Head, and Rainbow Connection several times and almost every time I get a little teary eyed. Especlay with Rainbow Connection When Piggy joins in the song that is what really dose it for me, after the emotional ride that her and Kermit have been through her comming out and singing his song with him was very touching and just thinking of that tugs at my heart.
    I love the soundtrack and it makes me want to see the movie again and again!
    TikiColadas likes this.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

19. Frogpuppeteer

i love it...i want to hear the others
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi, I have a question about the soundtrack from the movie.

There's a version of Rainbow Connection sung by The Moopets...
    And there's a version of the song properly sung by the Muppets, where Kermit sings the first verse, Piggy the second, and then the cast sings the third verse.

What's prompting this query is... There's now a third version of the song playing on MCR which has Kermit singing the first two verses and as the primarily heard voice (joined by the others) on the third verse. This version is preceeded by a promo where Disney wants us to meet Kermit.

So, any answers Phil? :confused: :eek: