1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 3, 2011.

?

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. We Built This City - Starship

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  15. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's an iTunes exclusive track.
  2. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

There is a third Rainbow Connection on the new soundtrack with primarily Kermit singing, however it's exclusive only to people who can purchase it on iTunes. I still need to buy it for myself...
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Might end up buying the soundtrack and then ask for that version in MUP3 form.
    *Leaves peanut butter 12 (1+2) cookies for Julia. :insatiable:
    Puckrox likes this.
  4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

sneaks in like batman...check your email
  5. Puckrox

*cough*JulioyoushouldsendmeonetoocauseI'msuperbrokerightnow*cough*
  6. Frogpuppeteer

*sneaze*icanleaveitbyadumpsteronthenightofthe23orletmeknowyouremail*

oh man sorry must be a bug going around
  7. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

*cough* *cough* jkr.iii.90@gmail.com *cough Oh man I'm sorry everyone *cough* *I have stuff to trade with if you'd like* *cough*
  8. Puckrox

*cough*IPM'dyoumyemailaddress*cough*

Obviously we're all coming down with something.
  9. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

What what? What's this I'm reading about alternate versions of Rainbow Connection?!? Hmm??!!?? :)

So, I was able to get the soundtrack for cheap several weeks ago, but of course I didn't know about these other versions. I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to share with me? I don't have much to trade, just the mainstream stuff, but I could draw you a nice picture of your favorite Muppet or Disney character, "signed" and dedicated by them to whomever you wish! :)
  10. Frogpuppeteer

*cough*lastonefortodaynexttimeiwantcookiesletmeknowwhatyouhave*couch*
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The soundtrack is great. I've been listening to it so many times, I wonder if I'll get tired of the songs by the time the movie comes to DVD. Nah....

The tracks I skip the most are The Muppet Show Theme, Rainbow Connection (Moopets version), The Whistling Caruso, and Mahna Mahna. I am surprised by how often I choose to listen to Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard on this album (I don't listen to the Sesame Street version in Songs from the Street or watch the Sesame Street version in Old School Vol. 2 very often). I also enjoy listening to We Built This City a lot, though I already liked that song quite a bit.

I've noticed that in the booklet, it has lyrics for some of the songs but leaves out lyrics for songs that weren't written for the Muppets (it even omits lyrics to Mahna Mahna), but then for some reason the booklet also leaves out the lyrics to the Moopets verison of The Rainbow Connection.
  12. Puckrox

I tend to only skip Me and Julio, The Whistling Caruso, Let's Talk About Me, and Mahna Mahna. The rest I've listened to so many times.
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

On a side note my two year old starts singing life's a happy song every time I put her down to bed or for naps. Its pretty funny.
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

does anyone have the itunes exclusive i wanna hear it steve whitmire style
  15. muppetlover123

i can not get over how great the songs are compared to others......MWOZ god those songs annoyed me
  16. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that Disney only released the songs from the movie. I mean the soundtrack itself was great in the movie! Christopher Beck did a great job delivering the soundtrack, they should've put that on.

Also for the dialouge tracks, they're not needed! I don't really get the point, becuase why are they trying to help people understand the story from the soundtrack? The whole point is so that you should go see the movie!? Instead of all those dialouge tracks should've been the actual soundtrack
  17. Muppet fan 123

You can listen to the sample on iTunes
  18. muppetlover123

yea instead of the dialogue
  19. Frogpuppeteer

im still hoping they release the movie score
  20. Muppet fan 123

That's what I was talking about, the score was great! I hate soundtracks that only re=lease the songs