Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Rowlf is in it! YAAAAAAAY! And he looks so cute with his Christmas top hat.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I absolutely loved it! I also thought it was wonder how excited that Jimmy Fallon was about it! He's so great and he is a perfect fit with the muppets; I really hope they get to work together more often!

It was so great to see the Muppets re-create an old number and it was done beautifully! Piggy looked fantastic and I love the singing voice Eric has done for her! The freestyle dancing at the end was also super fun.

If someone creates an MP3 for this, please send it to me at arianne.gallagher@gmail.com because this has to part of my muppet christmas collection!

Absolutely loved every minute of it!:smile:

analeisa

Reaction score
Aww, that was an awesome appearance. It was great to see them peform a classic and some lesser known Muppets. I agree that Robin did sound off but I was so happy to see him that I didn't care too much. I'm sure his performer will get the hang of it.

Also, it makes me happy how much Jimmy Fallon loves the Muppets. :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
And Sam looked a slight bit different- seemed to have a big forehead and really bushy eyebrows-but that's okay.
Finally figured out what it is about the new Sam puppet that bugs me (aside from the fact that they went maybe a bit too far back to season one era Sam in redesign) - the eyebrows/forehead is too far over the eyes to where unless he's lit a certain way, the shadows from it falls into his eyes hiding them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here is a question or something i think i saw. they used the original recodring with Frank Oz as Piggy! That way Eric Jacobson could focas on doing Fozzie's part. It also kind of souned that they used Richard's Scooter, or is David getting that good?

inturnaround

Reaction score
Here is a question or something i think i saw. they used the original recodring with Frank Oz as Piggy! That way Eric Jacobson could focas on doing Fozzie's part. It also kind of souned that they used Richard's Scooter, or is David getting that good?
Doesn't make sense to use the original Oz and Hunt tracks if you're just going to do a new Robin record instead of using the original Nelson.

And yes, I think the only reason Pepe wore the tutu was to sell the "Nine Ladies Dancing" line, okay? I laughed.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Nope, no recycled vocals. They were all by the current performers. Yes, Eric and David are both indeed that good.

matleo

Reaction score
I also kinda kept wondering why Pepe was wearing a dress, Even if his line was "Nine Ladies Dancing". :rolleyes:
I figured it was just how Pepe liked to dress for the holidays.

Hey, you celebrate the holidays you're way and the celebrates Christmas his way. Who are we to judge?

--Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Nope, no recycled vocals. They were all by the current performers. Yes, Eric and David are both indeed that good.
Yes, I was shocked at how spot-on Scooter sounded. It was PERFECT! And I wasn't bothered by Robin at all. He doesn't sound like 1970s Robin, but he does sound like Jerry's most recent performance as Robin (which sounded off... but still good!)