1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 19, 2012.

?

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

1. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Muppets DVD

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Just the DVD. I don't have a blu-ray player so... :/
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Aww cool! Are you enjoying watching it whenever you want? :D
  3. Bannanasketch

4. Pinkflower7783

How many times have you watched it so far? :)
  5. Bannanasketch

3, maybe 4 times.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Yep that was me I've lost count now...Lol! Put it this way I bought it the day it came out and have watched it every day since. XP
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

That would be the blu-ray if you want the most features.
  8. Stacey Riley

Stacey Riley New Member

Is there any way I can find out if their will be a Wocka Wocka version being released in the UK? Or even if the DVD contains deleted scenes? Amazon UK are only listing this DVD and this bluray. Thank you in advance.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Have you tried disney.com in your country? Wow I thought it was already out on DVD in the UK.
  10. Stacey Riley

Stacey Riley New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. The film wasn't actually released here until February.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Oh yeah it was...I remember watching interviews when they were promoting it over there. Man that sucks I barely got through the March release. Lol!
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Floyd had more than a one word line, and was his dry, sarcastic self. I approve :sing:
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  13. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi New Member

Is the "Inside Walter's Trailer" feature available on the iTunes version of the digital copy or the Windows Media version or both?
  14. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

I haven't been here for a bit so I hope I'm not bumping (I think I got the meaning of that term right :o) , but after getting the Blu-ray a few months ago, I've been wanting to get some things off my chest on how I feel about it. I don't mean this to sound negative - and I hope that's not how I come across - but I can't help but feel that this release is something of a wasted opportunity and a disappointment (the horrible photoshop job on the blu-ray cover is one thing that comes to mind).

The commentary is particularly disappointing - considering how passionate Jason Segel and Nick Stoller were about this movie and bringing the Muppets back, I was expecting a more informative track. Perhaps a more in-depth talk about the writing process and trying to get the movie made. But instead, they're mostly telling jokes with James Bobin and quite a few times not really talking about the movie. Why there couldn't have been a commentary track with the Muppet Performers, I'll never know. I personally think it's long overdue.

And while we're talking about these wonderful, talented people who really bring these favourite characters of ours to life, I am upset that they don't get interviewed or make a single appearance in any of the extras. That to me is a disrespect and under-appreciation of their work. They are the most important part of all this and really in a lot of ways, the stars (even though we don't see them). This was also a really important movie for the Muppets (bringing them back, their first movie in 12 years, etc) and I don't see why we couldn't have had a long/in-depth documentary on all this.

I don't mean to perhaps sound like a fan boy expecting too much, but considering we've had extras like this on DVD and Blu-ray releases for other Movies or TV Shows, I don't see why the Muppets DVD/Blu-ray releases can't have that kind of treatment too.
    heralde and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Don't we just love Disney? :D :p Because gosh golly gumdrops I know I do! *notes sarcasm*
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  16. catherine

catherine Active Member

i've watched my muppets movie twice, really need to get back into it as I haven't been on here in a while due to the oylmpics.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Haha I've lost count of how many times I've watched mine. I'm surprised I don't need a new blu-ray yet. XP
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  18. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Rented it from a redbox for my brother to watch (I already saw it in the theater)
    Kinda bugs me that they don't include the bonus features on the rental disc. They're just trying to make you spend more money...
    heralde likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

I guess the next Muppet Blu-ray/DVD review is gonna be MCC. :p
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member