Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I totally agree, I think Season 3 is really where the show started to find its footing and become the Muppet Show we know today (though the first two seasons were still good).

Though, I'm still debating buying the actual DVD, but that's another issue. Glad everyone likes it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, I think Season 3 is really where the show started to find its footing and become the Muppet Show we know today (though the first two seasons were still good).

Though, I'm still debating buying the actual DVD, but that's another issue. Glad everyone likes it!
The special features aren't as good as I'd hoped but having the entire season three episodes at last is worth it for any Muppet fan. My thoughts - wait till you find a good enough deal and then snatch it up! :smile:

Personally I think 26 bucks on Amazon is darn good. With tax and shipping that'll work out to a tad over one dollar per episode and special feature inclusion. :wink:

ploobis

Reaction score
Here is a list of my favorite musical momments from the 3rd season of The Muppet Show! :smile:

1. "She Was One of the Early Birds" by Gonzo (from the Leo Sayer episode)

2. "I Don't Wanna Set the World on Fire" by The Singing Firemen (from the Roy Clark episode)

3. "Witch Doctor" by Marvin Suggs & his Muppaphone (from the Gilda Radner episode)

4. "Once a Year Day" by Boppity & The Monsters (from the Alice Cooper episode)

5. "Sentimental Journey" by Gonzo & Kermit (from the Loretta Lynn episode)

6. "The Rhyming Song" by Fozzie, Scooter, Annie Sue and Link (from the Loretta Lynn episode)

7. "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Robin (from the Merisa Berenson episode)

8. "Do-Re-Mi" by Kermit,Annie Sue, Scooter, Fozzie, Robin, Beauregard and a Whatnot (from the Merisa Berenson episode)

9. "Jamboree" by Gonzo (from the Requel Welch episode)

10. "Octopus' Garden" by Robin, Kermit & Piggy (from the James Coco episode)

11. "Eight Little Notes" by Rowlf (from the James Coco episods)

12. "Catch a Falling Star" by Wayne (from the James Coco episode)

13. "Honeysuckle Rose" by Zoot & Floyd (from the Harry Belafonte episode)

14. "Mack The Knife" by Dr. Teeth (from the Lesely Ann Warren episode)

15. "Aquarius" by The Whatnots (from the Danny Kaye episode)

16. "Tuxedo Juction" by Bobby Benson's Baby Band (from the Elke Sommer episode)

17. "Lady Be Good" by Floyd, Zoot & Dr. Teeth (from the Sylvester Stallone episode)

18. "Blue Skies" by The Prarie Dogs (from the Roy Rogers & Dale Evans episode)

19. "A Four Legged Friend" by Jim & Jerry (from the RR & DE episode)

20. "There's a New Sound" by Scooter (from the Cheryl Ladd episode)

"AND THERE YA HAVE IT" :big_grin: :sing:

David French

Reaction score
Some answers to the queries about the order:

The episodes are being presented in production code order - each show was assigned a number from 1 - 120 (if you've read Of Muppets & Men you'll know that Linda Ronstadt's was show 119). One of the key reasons for discrepancies in character appearances is of course due to the fact that the production order is not the same as the recording order; some episodes were recorded out of order which sometimes results in characters being introduced even though they've already been in one or two episodes (Scooter being one of the obvious examples).

In the case of Annie Sue I suspect that this is what has happened here - Kris and Rita's episode was recorded before Leo Sayer's which is why Annie Sue is already established in one episode despite being introduced in another.

Same thing for Cheryl Ladd's episode - the production code for her episode is 72, although her episode was one of the first to be recorded for that year.

Oh, and with regards to the strike...

The ITV blackout occurred in late summer/early fall 1979. Filming for the Muppet Movie began in early 1979.