Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Incidentally speaking of the Valentine show is it really true that it's completely unedited? All the way including Mia Farrow's rendition of "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" with Rufus the dog from Hey,Cinderella that I've read on the forums before was cut out at one time?
I haven't watched it yet (I've already seen the Valentines special and the Weezer video), but the review says that it is uncut.

I wonder if the constant editing of that number comes from a new master being used in all broadcast since the edited one, just like A Muppet Family Christmas and Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Sure, this release isn't the same master, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney used the original master tape for the DVD, jus tlike Disney did with the epsidoes (I wonder if Disney used the original master tapes for Sex and Violence, Go Fishing, and the pitch reel).

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It is not Frank Oz. He is not doing anything with the Muppets anymore.
I'm sorry I don't believe you because Eric is not that good sorry to say be he isn't and that Piggy, Fozzie, & Animal are spot on exactly like frank oz unless they've hired some one new I'm gonna keep my thought that frank oz did the voices at least.
Maybe he didn't perform the puppet but he could have done voice overs how hard would it be for him to do that.
And you can actully tell it's not Eric because both all of these characters act differntly when he does them compaired to Frank.
Some one needs to seriously get to the bottom of this.

mrsieve

Reaction score
Is anyone having any audio issues with Season Two? You hear the audio and the picture doesnt sync until a few seconds later. I've noticed it a few times while watching the extra features, Muppets on Muppets (Kermit and Fozzie), and the Valentines Day Special.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't believe you because Eric is not that good sorry to say be he isn't and that Piggy, Fozzie, & Animal are spot on exactly like frank oz unless they've hired some one new I'm gonna keep my thought that frank oz did the voices at least.
Maybe he didn't perform the puppet but he could have done voice overs how hard would it be for him to do that.
And you can actully tell it's not Eric because both all of these characters act differntly when he does them compaired to Frank.
Some one needs to seriously get to the bottom of this.

It wouldn't have been hard for him, but it's not Frank. Do you really think a company like Disney would keep it a secret that one of the main Muppet performers came back to do his old characters? Especially at a time where any and all press for the Muppets would be a good thing.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It wouldn't have been hard for him, but it's not Frank. Do you really think a company like Disney would keep it a secret that one of the main Muppet performers came back to do his old characters? Especially at a time where any and all press for the Muppets would be a good thing.
or that it's just not a huge deal. And how exactly do you know it's not him has he made a statement about this?
I still say it is frank oz I just got done watching it again and Eric does not do Animal that well, and that miss piggy is not gruff Eric can only do the ticked off miss piggy voice he can't do the sweet one like frank can.
It's also pretty obvious listening to animal when they ask him the question and he starts talking about the bunny rabbit and his voice goes u can here frank oz's voice right at that moment.
I'm not trying to argue but it could be some one new it's most def. not Eric because he's not this good at these characters.
He's good but not this good the voices on muppets on muppets are spot on as are the actions of the characters.
Take for example miss piggys snout movement Eric deson't do that with her.
I want proof that it's not frank oz from him or disney.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think I've got it figured out.

It is indeed Frank, but I think I've figured out why. It was filmed after/around the time of Muppet From Space, the end of Frank's era. There's just so much proof of that. Bobo is there, Bobo hasn't had a sufficient role since MFS, and look at what Gonzo and Pepe are wearing, they haven't worn those clothes since MFS, and finally, the Fozzie puppet is older, the same one used in MFS. So, I think that these interviews are old. Hillarious, but old.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I think I've got it figured out.

It is indeed Frank, but I think I've figured out why. It was filmed after/around the time of Muppet From Space, the end of Frank's era. There's just so much proof of that. Bobo is there, Bobo hasn't had a sufficient role since MFS, and look at what Gonzo and Pepe are wearing, they haven't worn those clothes since MFS, and finally, the Fozzie puppet is older, the same one used in MFS. So, I think that these interviews are old. Hillarious, but old.
yeah i also took note of that of the Fozzie puppet, its the same fozzie puppet as MFS fozzie. as for the dvd menus, Its the "NEW" Fozzie you can just tell...... and same goes with Pepe, on there he has his blue hoody on, in MWoO he has a red hoody and NOW adays he has that black turtleneck with the "bling" goin......OH NO (talks like Bean Bunny from the JHH ep: Secrets of the Muppets) HE SAYED THE "P" WORD! AHHH! :stick_out_tongue:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think they should have tossed bean bunny in there when Animal said he wanted a small bunny hahah

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I think they should have tossed bean bunny in there when Animal said he wanted a small bunny hahah
oh my gosh, lol that would have been great! Animal could have smutherd Bean like he does with Rizzo on the one 4th disc. LOVE RIZZO!....MOUSEIE, MOUSEIE! :halo: