Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Of course, the Pigs in Space single comic book will come first. So excited.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Would anyone who has a copy of Peg Leg #4 be willing to write a review of it for The Muppet Mindset? I don't have my copy yet due to incredibly slow and unreliable online comic retailers... but if anyone would like to write the review it would be a HUGE help to me! Let me know either via this thread or email me at ryguy102390@gmail.com. Thanks!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If no one else wants to do it, I could very well do it for you.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
If no one else wants to do it, I could very well do it for you.
That would be marvelous, Drtooth! I was actually thinking of you when I posted that. I should've just PMed you about it. :stick_out_tongue: If you'd be willing to do it I'd love to have the review from you! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That would be marvelous, Drtooth! I was actually thinking of you when I posted that. I should've just PMed you about it. :stick_out_tongue: If you'd be willing to do it I'd love to have the review from you! :big_grin:
Sure... I'll try and do it as soon as possible.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In these comics, has Janice ever played the guitar? Because in all comic appearances I've seen (and I still haven't seen the first two "Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson" issues), she's always seen playing either a tambourine or maracas. She should play the instrument she's best-known for. I know that a tambourine was one of the Janice action figure accessories, and I think some have said that she sometimes played tambourine on the show, but I don't recall any specific instances.

dwmckim

Reaction score
:confused: Random question but other than online, where's the best place to buy some of these comics--especially the Peter Pan ones? I think the art in them looks so awesome. :3

I swear, the Barnes and Noble near me ish a ripoff and hardly has anything muppet-related, save for some of the movies. Is it better to go to Borders or somewhere else, like a more low-key comic book store?
The more low-key comic stores are your best bet. Comic stores that are actual honest-to-goodness comic stores are the best place to look. The chain bookstores get their versions later (and they're all the ones with the A covers). I was at Borders about a month ago and the most recent Muppet comic they had on their racks was The Muppet Show #4: Piggy's Story. However, the bookstores may have the trade paperbacks.

If you're looking for back issues, i'd get out the yellow pages and do some calling aroung to the various stores first to see what they have before making the trip. These did sell out quickly so even if a shop had them initially, they may not have older issues.

Another source for the paperbacks may even be your libraries. The Phoenix libraries have ordered a whole bunch of Meet the Muppets and Muppet Robin Hoods for their various branches and have apparently received them but don't have them on the shelves ready for checkout yet.

By the way, on an unrelated note - i can't believe it took me until now to notice this but some may have heard about how Langridge had tried a couple of times to sneak Ernie and/or Bert into his art which Disney keeps making him change when they catch it. The original version of Cover A for TMS3:Gonzo's Story had E&B in the audience but this got changed by the time that issue hit the press however it looks like he succeeded in sneaking Ernie onto Cover B! If you look under Gonzo's nose in the center oval you can see a small Muppet in the background that sure as heck looks like our favorite prankster!