Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone know when the fourth issue comes out?

Amy

Reaction score
Peg-Leg 4 is listed as on shelves now, so time for the variant!

Marking the end of this story and segueing into the On The Road arc, I decided to take a gentler, storybook approach.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Peg-Leg 4 is listed as on shelves now, so time for the variant!

Marking the end of this story and segueing into the On The Road arc, I decided to take a gentler, storybook approach.
BEAUTIFUL, Amy! As always! This is just awesome! I absolutely LOVE Piggy and Fozzie! And Animal's box cracks me up! Perfect. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another great issue... and it really seemed that there was less skits and more plot. We still had Muppet Labs, a great segment with Robin, and Vet's Hospital. We got a great ending out of it, and we even got to see a very rare character that appeared in one episode (I'm not saying who, but it was an action figure accessory). And Statler and Waldorf sleep through all the action. Perfect way to deal with them.

beaker

Reaction score
I don't like how they switched the paper from slick color glossy...too, well not so slick and glossy. A minor gripe tho:smile:

Today I found a copy of the latest issue of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson at my local Waldens Books. It is good. I find the choice of having Mildred as the librarian a somehwat odd choice; I would have chosen somebody less involved with the theater like Miss Mousey or Zelda Rose. I would have also put some more obscure characters (ones not seen at the theater very much) as library patrons.

I think Amy Mebberson mentioned that only one cover of each issue would be offered at newsstands. I think I got the A cover, but on my copy the cover doesn't list whether it's "Cover A" or "Cover B". I guess that's just one more variation...
Waldenbooks still exists? Holy 1980's Batman! I have fond memories of their "Muppet Mart" section back in the mid to latter 80's as a kid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Waldenbooks still exists? Holy 1980's Batman! I have fond memories of their "Muppet Mart" section back in the mid to latter 80's as a kid.
All of the remaining Waldenbooks in my area were rebranded as Boarders... maybe a regional thing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
STill haven't found the 4th issue yet of Peg Leg. I even was at the comic book store the other day. Now i didn't ask so that could have helped me but i'll wait. I at least found the Peter Pan one and some others i've been waiting for.

Awsome stuff and loving every story i've read.

The Robin Hood one was one i really enjoyed the most. But Peter Pan is starting to catch me too.

Can't wait for the Road storyline.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Roger Langridge said on his blog that the next storyarc after "On the Road" will be "Guets Stars", with the first guest being Hamlet.