Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I found a copy of the "Meet the Muppets" trade paperback today at my local Waldens Books. I just read the preview issue at the end of the book, and it is good.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I just have to say that I have loved all the comic books! They're all fantastic!

After reading Peg Leg Wilson #3, I loved the HMS Pinafore number! The drawing and especially having the text match the music of the opera when you ready it, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! Some of the best writing ever! If you haven't tried it, you gotta do it!

Peter Pan #1 was also great and I'm estatic for King Arthur!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Roger Langridge's blog, he plans on including human guets stars for a few issues in the near future, as well as appearances by characters who haven't been in the comic yet (I'm not really surprised about that).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've found a few Roger Langride interviews recently. In one, he said that most of the "On the Road" stories will be self-contained, witht he "on the road" theme being the only major connection between them, and he mentioned that there will be self-contained stories and storyarcs, though the self-contained stories might still have some kidn of connection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what the chances would be of a storyarc having the opening two-page spreads take palce in the canteen? As far as I know that area hasn't been seen in the comics yet, despite a mention in issue #2 and cameos by Gladys (thoguh I think it MIGHT have been in "Fozzie's Story"... One page has two panels at the top of Gonzo admiring a skull in some room with a blue wall... I'm not sure if that was meant to be the canteen or a different room... The rest of that particular page took place backstage, but the backgrounds didn't match how Langridge draws the backstage).

I figure that the "on the road" two-page spreads will probably show the characters traveling on the road. The only cover shown so far shows the Muppets crowded inside a van, but it'd be great if the spreads show characters hanging outside the window or holding on to the van from outside, maybe put some full-body characters on top of the van... And of course have Sweetums chasing the van.

A comic issue with the opening two-page spread taking place outside of the theater would be nice as well. But I most prefer the archs spreads from the first four issues. The two-page spreads from "The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson" don't really feel like an "opening" to me (and thsoe don't see to have many obscure cameos... I haven't seen teh openign spread from issue #1, since Comic Book Resources didn't provide previews for that one).

I wonder what kind of spread will be used for the Pigs in Space one-shot. A sky settign would be most logical, but I'll be surprised if that spread has any kind of mayhem.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I found a copy of the latest issue of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson at my local Waldens Books. It is good. I find the choice of having Mildred as the librarian a somehwat odd choice; I would have chosen somebody less involved with the theater like Miss Mousey or Zelda Rose. I would have also put some more obscure characters (ones not seen at the theater very much) as library patrons.

I think Amy Mebberson mentioned that only one cover of each issue would be offered at newsstands. I think I got the A cover, but on my copy the cover doesn't list whether it's "Cover A" or "Cover B". I guess that's just one more variation...

King Prawn

Reaction score
I just read the final installment of Robin Hood, it was great! It finally brought the story to an end making way for one i've really been wanting to read, Muppet Peter Pan which I must say is excellent :flirt: at first I was really into it when i saw Cover B and just assumed the whole comic would look like that, luckily I assumed right but it's not just the art, the storytelling is fantastic, I can't wait for the next issue when we get to Neverswamp, I really want to see how the other Muppets are drawn as well as find out what's happening. :wink:

The arguments between Sam the Eagle and the Narrator throughout the story is great, I love it :attitude: I know the two girls who brought us this comic are around here, sorry I don't remember your names but congrats on what I consider the best Muppet comic to have come from Boom! and that's saying alot because i'm really liking The Muppet Show comics too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The cover for On the Road #2 has been posted at Muppet Wiki, and I've noticed that so far we've only seen one cover each for the first two issues. Does anybody know if Boom! will stop having variant covers for The Muppet Show Comic Book by then? After all, every time new covers have been posted, we've seen both the "A" and "B" covers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... is just Muppet Peter Pan coming out this week, or are they both coming out this week? I'm kinda short on money, an' I wanna know if I'm gonna have to buy both...

Cuz thrust me, I ain't even waiting a week again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So... is just Muppet Peter Pan coming out this week, or are they both coming out this week? I'm kinda short on money, an' I wanna know if I'm gonna have to buy both...

Cuz thrust me, I ain't even waiting a week again.
Comic Book Resources only had a preview for the new Peter Pan issue.