Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Darn I missed it, lol, well I'll try to watch it soon!

Idk, my only problem with teen idols today is they're very conformist. Everyone looks alike and is super pretty. I know first hand it can affect self esteem. Not sure I want to show it my kids.

But anyway, to be continued!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I really liked this special.

There were definitely little Muppet references throughout that made it enjoyable for muppet fans! +1

Steve Whitmire did a FANTASTIC JOB with the Bop to the Top number. Kermit's dance moves were exactly in sync with Ashley's and it looked Fabulous (and really difficult from a puppeteer standpoint. It's moments like that that makes the characters so believable and real; I loved it. Great Job Steve! +like 50!

Piggy looked great! Her bit with the Jonas Brothers was fun. I really like the Jonas Brothers because I think they are acting as great role models for kids, which is hard to find in a popular teen band these days. Anyway, great number! +1

All of the Electric Mayhem stuff was just awesome! +10

However..
I definitely wish it was longer! There was so much good material, and I definitely could have sat there and watched an hour special, especially since the first half-hour was really good. -1

Some of the main muppet characters were missing. NO FOZZIE? How can you not have Fozzie (especially since Ashley had a crush on him). Scooter, Sam the Eagle, Rowlf, Bunsen and Beaker, and other staple characters didn't make an appearance. That was definitely upsetting! -20

All in all, as a start, I really liked it. I think they have the right idea going and I can't wait to see more. It was definitely the Muppets who were the stars of the show and they worked with the Disney starts nicely. I really hopes this helps to generate a younger fan base for the Muppets.

I also think Jim would have definitely approved. When he wanted to merge Disney with the Muppets, I definitely think that shows like this were what he wanted to start doing.

Good Job Disney, you actually did something more right than wrong concerning the Muppets! (Mickey pats himself on the back!)

This kind of makes up for The Muppets Wizard of Oz, not completely, but they're getting there!
:smile:

Evoulie

Reaction score
I thought Studio DC: Almost Live! was awesome! I can't wait for the next special..

Ev

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It was a shame not to see Fozzie, but they had a limited amount of time and Eric was very much in demand in this show.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah know... I was also thinking it was Howard the Pig with that voice and I thought he would have popped up...but then again, it prob wasnt howard? :confused::smirk:
I'm pretty sure that the director voice we heard was that of comedian Jeffrey Ross.

Count von Count

Reaction score
That was a lot better then I thought it whould be! If you have not seen it you should,and that's going from someone who does't like disney channel shows.(The Muppets made it funney)

There is a alot of post aboat this show, That's cool! To know how many people wached it!

Does someone think disney may make a 2nd show? And put Fozzie in it?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay... as a teenager who has, albeit unwillingly, been exposed to these Disney kids and who LOVES the Muppets... this special was good.

Starting from the begining with Pepe and Rizzo... I laughed. I really laughed. That was very, very good. Classic Pepe and Rizzo and I'm glad they're finally being billed as a team. That song of Billy Ray's... what was the point? Eh, whatever. It was totally made up for with Pepe and Rizzo a few seconds later. "Belgian waffles..." Haha!

And then... the Mayhem! There they were! In all their glory! I LOVED IT! ! ! ! Dr. TEETH! WOOT! Floyd ROCKED! And ZOOT spoke! I can't believe it! I was shocked! I think I laughed giddily! And then Miley shows up with her song... I was impressed... with the Mayhem. :stick_out_tongue: It made me really happy when she held up the mic for the good doctor to sing along. Very cool. And Floyd was handled VERY well. Classic Mayhem.

And then we got to The Suite Life scene. Coming from someone who tolerates that show every once in awhile... I liked that part a lot. The Chef shocked me! I was NOT expecting him to show up! Good for him! And Gonzo was AWESOME. He was perfect with Zack and Cody and I think "Vermont" was my favorite line of the special. Kermit's suit was fantastic and he was just perfect in that scene. BUT the BEST part... was London and Miss Piggy. The PERFECT pair. Piggy just groaned at her stupidity which was AWESOME. I think seeing Piggy act with London and Kermit getting ticked with the both of them sold the special for me. Of course Kermit with Mr. Moseby was also GREAT. And then the Chef comes back and he's crying and he chases them and that's PERFECTION!

Then my FAVORITE part of the whole special! Kermit and Ashley Tisdale and, of course! The divine Miss P! Kermit's voice was amazing, Ashley's acting with him was GREAT, her crush on Fozzie was adorable, and the song was actually tolerable. But the BEST PART was Kermit dancing! How could anyone not be all smiles after seeing that? It was classic TMS stuff! The frog's got moves. Then... enter Piggy! Of COURSE she would crash that! Oh and it was just great! She totally over-shadowed that blonde bimbo! Rock on Miss Piggy!

And then Piggy's back with the Jonas Brothers! I LOVED her curlers! That was very, very funny. She stood her own with them WONDERFULLY and in their dullness she shone through. A beacon of light in this special--really, I think she was, overall, the best part. But anyway... the Jonas Brothers actually have pretty good voices and the song wasn't bad at all... just wish Miss Piggy would've gotten more singing time.

Then chickens got yelled at and Kermit reassured the twins... and... it starts again? Odd. But I knew, but then, it was nearly over. I was just anticipating something BIG after the last commercial... but we got Statler and Waldorf. Don't get me wrong, they were GREAT! Classic hecklers and flirty as all let out--just not the big thing I expected.

Sow with the end of the special... It was good. It was really good and I was very impressed. My complaints are few, but big... too little Muppets. WHERE was Fozzie? I missed him and was very sad that he didn't make an appearance. Also missed Bunsen, Beaker, Rowlf, and penguins. After seeing them at the begining I thought for SURE they'd be in there somewhere. It was, like everyone has said, too chopped together. That was weird and disappointing. And, the biggest complaint that everyone seems to have, it was WAY TOO SHORT. An hour would've definitely made it much more worth while and there would've been time for much more. Like Fozzie.

But overall I really enjoyed it. I think this was a very good way to show kids our Muppets. I really hope another special is soon to follow. GO MUPPETS! ! ! ! !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the director voice we heard was that of comedian Jeffrey Ross.
It sounded like Bill Barretta doing the director voice but I don't think it was meant to be Howard the Duck, i mean the Pig from ITAVMMCM.:wink: Wasn't it that weird random mustache guy with the chickens at the end of the show the director guy? I have to watch it again.

I will say as with everyone, Kermit's dances were impressive! Great job to Steve and all the Muppeteers!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The fact that Swedish Chef wanted to write a script was cute. Though when he spoke english, i got a little mad, thats NOT the Swedish Chef
Yes. I was like "The Swedish Chef doesn't speak English! You aren't supposed to understand him!" *fist of death*

Overall I give it a shrug and a "Meh, whatever." I laughed once or twice, and that was about it. Very dry, rather boring, didn't live up to what it could've been. It needed more wacky Muppet-ness. Like floods of chickens, over-the-top Gonzo stunts, maybe a pie to somebody's face. SOMETHING WACKY. Maybe if Rowlf was there they could've done a piano number with Miley or Ashley or whoever they are. A Disney song so the kids wouldn't get confused.

And it was too short. It felt even shorter with the 5+ minutes of commercials each break :insatiable:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I didn't mind the relentless self-referencing. It is one of Disney's hallmarks and I don't know anyone who doesn't feel smart, for example, for noticing that the Italian restaurant in "Enchanted" is the same restaurant from Lady in the Tramp.

Also, the Muppets are often self-referencing--except when they can't remember stuff (like the fact that Kermit and Piggy got married).

I don't think it's fair to snipe at Disney for being, well, Disney. They are where they are because they do it better than anyone--like it or not. I think the young stars here are to be specifcally commended for interactig so well with our team--good eye contact, sharing the mike, not afraid to get physical with them. Good job.