Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppets have always performed popular music, adding their own spin to it. With "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face," the spin was that the singer got eaten. With "Bop to the Top," the spin was a traditional battle with Miss Piggy, ending with Kermit getting hurt. It works with that classic Muppet spirit, I think.
Yeah the Piggy part was good, but before that it just felt like pop culture praise.

Xerus

Reaction score
Well, it was great seeing the Muppets again on TV. I do hope they can make a new show or series that will make the Muppets enjoyable for the new generation of fans.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sigh...just like I thought they would. Face it, these kids don't like magical things like Puppetry or even cartoons made for their age group (Family Guy and South park are all they watch, and only because the characters swear and they don't give a crap about the stuff those shows have to say... and it's a shame, since South Park usually says something brilliant). They just want to see their little Barbie and Ken dolls lipsync to mindless pop written by the same 2 guys in their 50's, or pull of old conventions and cliches that were old when I Dream of Jeannie came out. (come on... she's hiding that she;'s a rock star, and it becomes harder and harder to hide each time? That doesn't ring Samantha from Be-Witched to anyone else?)
I definitely agree but I'm not as concerned as I could be. Just because I recall it being the same when I was a child. You have the large group of kids who adore the popular without substance. Then you have the rest of the kids who are picked on for following their own drummer. It's nothing new.

The good thing is kids go on to HS, college or life and find kids with the same interest as them and life is a bit easier. Though I've said before, I think it's good to have to struggle for what you care about. It means more in the end.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sigh...just like I thought they would. Face it, these kids don't like magical things like Puppetry or even cartoons made for their age group (Family Guy and South park are all they watch, and only because the characters swear and they don't give a crap about the stuff those shows have to say... and it's a shame, since South Park usually says something brilliant). They just want to see their little Barbie and Ken dolls lipsync to mindless pop written by the same 2 guys in their 50's, or pull of old conventions and cliches that were old when I Dream of Jeannie came out. (come on... she's hiding that she;'s a rock star, and it becomes harder and harder to hide each time? That doesn't ring Samantha from Be-Witched to anyone else?)
I definitely agree but I'm not as concerned as I could be. Just because I recall it being the same when I was a child. You have the large group of kids who adore the popular without substance. Then you have the rest of the kids who are picked on for following their own drummer. It's nothing new.

The good thing is kids go on to HS, college or life and find kids with the same interest as them and life is a bit easier. Though I've said before, I think it's good to have to struggle for what you care about. It means more in the end. :smile:

Though, I don't mind the kids seeing the old cilches, they still work. I just wish they all knew and respected where they came from. But again, some do, some don't. It's not black and white.

Robin

Reaction score
It was complete garbage... Gonzo's lines were not smart and witty
David Goelz is much funnier when he improvises... the same for Steve...

the characters were performed well and voiced pretty good... but the writing was trash... I could write better in my sleep... plus no classic muppet interaction...

where is Frank Oz? He needs return at least as a consultant... Hey Frank! get off your high horse! The Muppets need some much needed TLC! I believe Jim Henson would not be very happy.

:scary:

keep it old school!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I've just watched it and I really don't know what I thought. I mean, in all honesty, there were moments when I smiled and thought 'this ain't too bad' and then there were moments when my mind just went blank. Everyone will have their own expectations of what they wanted to see and I tried to watch it without prejudice. Overall my feelings were:

I really thought Kermit and Ashley were great, thats the biggest positive from the special. I also thought Miss Piggy (the character) was performed almost to Piggy perfection (But don't get me started on the absolutely shocking puppet incarnations!). Speaking of the puppets, I didn't like the new Dr. Teeth, the puppet seemed well off, in colour and everything and Janice had a fat neck. The new (Tom Hanks 'castaway') Animal is really growing on me and really seems fitted to the character - who was performed brilliantly! I didn't like elements of the Swedish Chefs performance (what was with the English?) and Gonzo seemed...tamed, but I think that may have been the embarrassing writing.

Overall, in a positive way, it was a great exercise in Muppet exposure and certainly didn't do any harm. And if it weren't for the Disney Channel nepotism, it could have a 'fairly' enjoyable show. If the direction shown in the recent youtube videos is where the Muppets are going, I really feel confident that we will see them back on television and back to their former glory in the near future (Disney just need to understand them more!).

rexcrk

Reaction score
You know why I liked this special? Because it was the Muppets interacting with "guest stars" that *I'M* familiar with.

I was born way after the Muppet Show ended, and while I like watching it for the Muppets, I don't know half (probably more than half :concern: ) of the guest stars.

I liked this special because I'm very familiar with, and enjoy, Miley Cyrus, the Suite Life Cast, etc. etc.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score

the characters were performed well and voiced pretty good... but the writing was trash... I could write better in my sleep... plus no classic muppet interaction...

where is Frank Oz? He needs return at least as a consultant... Hey Frank! get off your high horse! The Muppets need some much needed TLC! I believe Jim Henson would not be very happy.

keep it old school!
I belive Jim would want Frank Oz to do what makes him comfortable and happy. :insatiable::embarrassed::attitude:

Barry Lee

Reaction score

:scary:

keep it old school!
Henson ALWAYS supported Oz's film career. Who are you to think Jim wouldnt be happy with that? Jim was the one who supported him all the way, and so should you as a muppet fan. Just my two cents :hungry: