Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of this special was that it was a waste of time.

I'm not saying it was bad or that it wasn't at least somewhat enjoyable, because it had some really cute moments. In fact, the Disney Channel stars weren't awful. Not bad enough to make me change the channel, at least.

I think that Disney really needs to come to realize "Hey, the Muppets are funny! They don't need tweeny star power as a crutch!" I think that having the Disney Channel stars was fine to an extent, but Disney seriously overdid it in a short time period. But 30 minutes is not too short! Remember folks, the Muppet show was under 30 minutes long! If Disney really wants to pimp out it's stars, why not make Studio DC a weekly thing and have ONE different guest star on each week? More Muppet chaos, less chaos with the DC kids. Yes, this thought makes me cringe, because the last thing I want is for the Muppets to be used to promote obscure Disney things, but it could work.
I really think that the Disney company needs to wake up and realize what comic gold they are sitting on! Spontaneous combustion, monsters eating small fluffy creatures, and singing chickens are still as funny now as they were thirty years ago. When all is said and done, I don't think tweenybopper sitcoms will withstand. One day, those kids will grow up and move on and will be replaced by "the next best thing". The Muppets? Well, they've stayed with us this long, and they're still the same lovable Muppets I've always known.

Uh, getting back to what I was saying about the special being a waste of time, I meant that there was too much going on and with no real plot or structure. And what structure that did stand didn't seem very sincere or real. Sure, I get that the special was supposed to be a rehearsal, but that format really just left me scratching my head.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The true test for me is that I really don't care to see it again. Sad, but true. It's not bad or unwatchable. Just not inspiring to repeat viewings even with my fanaticism.

Count von Count

Reaction score
you can fozzie Rowlf Beacker&Honeydew at the start of the show, when they say "with the Muppets" But that is the only time. They say Fozzie one time in the show two,though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The true test for me is that I really don't care to see it again. Sad, but true. It's not bad or unwatchable. Just not inspiring to repeat viewings even with my fanaticism.
Sadly that's how I feel about it also :frown:
Like I said I didn't hate it like I thought I would, but will I ever watch it again? No, it's not even memorable at all.
I think that allot of us are forgetting that this was filmed over a year ago, or at least I think it was.
They seem to be getting the hang of the Muppets at the moment if you as me, if you think back to the Muppets a year ago this would have been pretty good compaired to what i saw back then.
But this is what happens when you take to long to do things, poorly edit them, and then cancle the first showing after it gets hyped and not give yourself enough time to allow the people to figure out just what's going on here.
I honestly didn't even realize this was a rehearsal until one of you on here said that's what they where suposed to be doing.
Because when it started over there at the end I was like what in the world was that!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
you can fozzie Rowlf Beacker&Honeydew at the start of the show, when they say "with the Muppets" But that is the only time. They say Fozzie one time in the show two,though.
I know what you mean, that was a major dissapointment for me. but i hope they'll be in the next one in October
:sympathy::confused::embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think that allot of us are forgetting that this was filmed over a year ago, or at least I think it was.
I think just Bop to the Top was filmed last year. Maybe the Jonas Brothers skit, too. Those both seem like they were filmed for something else, and just sort of put into this one.

The Bop to the Top number was memorable, I think. But this is about the third time I've mentioned how great Kermit's dance was. Though, perhaps the material in the show would have been better if they had just turned (some of it) into more viral videos.

In any case, I expect the next one might be a bit better.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know, Kermit dancing with Ashley wasn't quite in the same Muppet spirit. The Muppets used to lampoon pop culture. Now they just embrace it and it's not as funny or as good a message.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know, Kermit dancing with Ashley wasn't quite in the same Muppet spirit. The Muppets used to lampoon pop culture. Now they just embrace it and it's not as funny or as good a message.
Muppets have always performed popular music, adding their own spin to it. With "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face," the spin was that the singer got eaten. With "Bop to the Top," the spin was a traditional battle with Miss Piggy, ending with Kermit getting hurt. It works with that classic Muppet spirit, I think.

By the way, I do think this special had it's problems, and I do agree it wasn't the most memorable project, but I have to admit, I enjoyed it... enough of it, anyway. I enjoyed The Muppets Wizard of Oz for the most part, too, so what do I know. :coy: :stick_out_tongue:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I actually thought that Ashley's chemistry with Kermit, at least when they were just talking, was the best Muppet/person interaction in the special. I'm not sure why... I suppose it didn't seem as forced? They just seemed like friends chatting. And of all the musical numbers, it also seemed the least forced. Though that's just my opinion.