Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why are some of you asking for an Ernie/Abby pairing? I can't think of anything funny they'd be able to do together unless they were somehow messing with Bert. From their personalities, I see almost nothing funny coming from Ernie and Abby in a sketch; there's almost nothing that could cause conflict between them.

I mean, they do a sketch not meant to be funny, but where's the fun in that?
How about Ernie, Bert and Abby? Bert would give the necessary comedic tension. Or maybe just Bert and Abby. The only thing I can see Ernie and Abby doing is having Abby screw up a spell and doing something to Rubber Duckie, but they already did that with Mumford a decade ago. But then of course, the fleeting demographic rule is on their side. Plus, Abby would really feel bad about it.

Anyway, I agree with the Count. I'm glad someone else thinks the "look what's in the garden" segment is lame and lacking in variety. They need better stand alone segments for double digit, or just teen numbers. We need another stand alone 15 song.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One Fine Face was an original song.

It was Eric.
You're kidding! He's really improved with the voice since last season. That's why it would be nice to see more new "Great Adventures" with Eric getting better at the
:frown: voice.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
You're kidding! He's really improved with the voice since last season. That's why it would be nice to see more new "Great Adventures" with Eric getting better at the
:frown: voice.
Eric really has improved. It started with Conversations with Bert last year.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Eric really has improved. It started with Conversations with Bert last year.
Okay. I must have missed those. I do recall Eric's Bert voice when they were on GMA though. I guess I wasn't really listening hard enough there. Lol.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the "Conversations with Bert" videos with Bert and Saturday Night Live comedian Andy Samberg...

SSLFan

Reaction score
The new Ernie & Bert skit surprised the heck out of me. I love unexpected surprises like that. Hope there's more this season. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Finally saw the episode with Barkley today, it was worth the wait to see the big dog again.:super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! Bob was in it. That's probably his one per season.

It was a very cute episode, but it's too bad that there was nothing other than that and the Murray Tune in that was new. I don't think I'd dig a Kim Chi taco. Kim Chi is Korean for "Burn your dang face off pickles."

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the new street sorry. Great to see Barkley again after 2 years. I liked Tau Bennett's cameo. The Word of the Day was good. I liked the cat being allergic to her own kind. The new Murray tune-ins were good. It was great to see the Private I sketch again. Leslie looks gorgeous in that bit.