1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I loved the street story. It was very funny. I think the reason why David's Cookie sounds different is because, he's getting older. The Word of the Day was funny. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new AFFS was funny, as usual. The Five By song was great. I love the Count's reaction to the band laughing like him. The Two-Headed Monster bit was cool. Elmo the Musical was awesome! I already love it more than EW.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get a little teary eyed at the five by song? Just when I thought that I was over or getting over the death of Mr. Nelson then I see the count doing two of the things he dose best (counting and singing) and it made me miss Jerry.
    Drtooth likes this.
  3. antsamthompson9

Don't you have a DVR? And if you don't, why don't you get one?
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I have DVR, at home. I'm at college now and my dorm room doesn't have a TV (neither me or my roommate brought one). My classes also start when the episodes are playing, so I couldn't really watch them anyway.
  5. antsamthompson9

That's too bad.
  6. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I like David's new Cookie voice. It's starting to sound more like Frank:insatiable:
  7. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

I too, had to miss out on the season premier (due to my parents having friends over for breakfast, and my antenna acting up). On the plus side, I got to see a few of the stuff that were in the episode on YouTube. I especially loved the "Five By" song; ever since I heard it, I kept playing it, every chance I got. But otherwise, I guess I'll just have to wait for the episode to re-air, and hope that I can catch the other new episodes this week.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah. I totally just said that. It's going to be tough this season... every sketch he worked on is one of his last. That's just a pretty depressing aspect no matter how you look at it.

Then we have to wait till season 44 to see Matt inherit his Sesame Street characters, basically the other shoe to drop.
  9. dwayne1115

how much is Jerry on this season?
  10. Oscarfan

He's usually in at least one story as the Count. We only know the plots for a little over half of them, so he may or not make an appearance. He is part of the "Counting Hats" story repeated from a few seasons ago.

But other than the ambiguous, he did "Five By" and a Mr. Johnson/Grover bit (which I'm pretty sure was taped during last season's schedule).
  11. dwayne1115

I can't wait. I'm wondering since they brought back the Two Headed Monster if we will see any more obscure Muppets inserts.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The Two-Headed Monster has made a few appearances in the last few years.
  13. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I hope ETM stays. I checked SS's Facebook & people are already whining asking SW to bring EW back. *facepalm*
  14. Drtooth

Oh yes! By all means, let's bring back the inferior, repetitive, redundant filler because someone feels old or some 3 year old can't accept small changes.

They better ignore those guys JUST as much as they ignored those who wanted to get rid of it the past decade.
    SSLFan likes this.
  15. Oscarfan

I wrote a few things on the links on their Facebook page (on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea).

One thing that struck me as incredibly stupid: One "elementary school teacher" used in her argument that there's no such thing as a "chef explorer". There's also no such thing as Nacho Picho, talking noses, and furry red monsters. Let alone the segment is about IMAGINATION.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Elmo's World's target audience isn't even old enough to have facebook accounts...:)
    SSLFan likes this.
  17. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

IF THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE NO ELMO'S WORLD MY SON AND I WILL NOT BE WATCHING EVER AGAIN! That was my son's favorite part of the show and was always so happy when the song came on. I feel like this is something is not broke why fix it!!! I watched Elmo Musical today and I was very disappointed it was not good at all. I was looking forward to some new Elmo's World. My son loves when the computer says Elmo got email...sad and disappointed! This is the same facebook post the same chick is posting on every sesame street status update
  18. Oscarfan

Yup. That's how things get done in this country!

Also, the woman I mentioned above, her comment got a like - by her baby boy she clearly made a Facebook page for.
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

oh really shes cool lol

and i also think that doing the whole elmo the musical thing is the right direction no more elmos world
  20. Drtooth

Yeah. My question still stands... what about the people who always hated Elmo's World and wanted the 15 minutes to go back to the series? Not like they heard about our cries.

I dunno... it's very hard to think that anyone liked Elmo's World. That was dragging the show down and making it a baby show instead of a preschool one. And it's not like it actually went anywhere. Almost every episode is on DVD somewhere. Just pop one of those in and don't spoil it for the new kids.

They replaced the show with a fun, engaging segment that actually zooms by it's 11 minute time frame, and some kids are antzy because something changed, and they won't have something so filler based.
    Duke Remington likes this.