1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. I don't watch the repeats, because I feel like I've seen them before. Yet they did air the Telly and Oscar thing with the letter B in a repeat episode so you never know and I probably made the same comment before. Lol.

Yeah. I was wondering who his puppeteer was. I thought it sounded like Marty, but I knew that couldn't be right since Marty was performing Snuffy. It's neat to see Caroll and Matt interact.
  2. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Oh the announcer was Matt all right. Plus Joey was the other one. Yeah, the announcer was actually two identical puppets when they popped up in different places. Leslie played the quick cameo of the number 6 at the end, even though we didn't hear the 6 speak, plus Carmen played the fox.

Know how I know?

Well, my wife and I were there in Hooper's Store watching them film it! (My wife runs Caroll's official website). We saw everything but the "Winnebago" joke being filmed at the very beginning. Now that it has, at last, aired (they filmed it on May 19, 2011) I can talk about it. To anyone interested, I can tell about what happened that day. One thing's for certain, there's nothing that will prepare you for how wonderful it is to be on Sesame Street. Oh, I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was!

http://carollspinney.net/docs/photos.html

On the same day, Marty went around with his camcorder and did a short film on Caroll for his site "Sesame Family Robinson". You can see "Tex" from the episode in the beginning of the clip. I make a very short cameo at the end (the guy in the black fedora and brown shirt). So, for those of you who don't believe I was there...well, there I am!

http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/blog/-/blogs/carol-spinney-prepares-his-script

So, to any Muppeteers, Leela, or any behind the scenes people reading this, my wife and I had a blast. It was one of the best days ever!
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

While I'm not too pleased they re-used the Voice parody in yesterday's ep., they did replay one of the Blowin' in the Wind spoof cartoons, oldest material we've seen so far this season.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I understand that they have budget concerns and need to reuse material in the same season now, but they could have at least waited until the second half of the season in February to reuse that one.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

That happens with everyone when they get older. Big Bird, Elmo, and Baby Bear's voices aren't as high-pitched as they used to be.
  6. andyf

andyf New Member

It was great to see the blowing in the wind #1 song from 1994. At least theyr'e still airing old stuff once in a great while. It was also nice seeing a storyline about Big Bird and Snuffy with no Elmo or Abby or Baby Bear popping up. Reminded me of a late 80's episode.
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

One thing I've been wondering, and I'm not sure whether it's okay to ask here or start a thread about it, but is Slimey still on the show? I haven't watched enough of the show since season 40 and don't recall reading about any post-season 40 Slimey appearances, but that doesn't mean he's not still heavily on the show.
  8. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

To answer your question, this is the most recent episode, in which Slimey has made an appearance:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4266
  9. Oscarfan

SW updated their celebrity airdate schedule in the press kit with a few more guests. Donald Glover's appearing next week - awesome! I love him in Community!
  10. Oscarfan

And for anyone who wants to spoil next week's shows, the new segments are on SS.org, as well as all the street stories.

Things to look forward to: Donald Glover (love), some Honker cameos, a new Elmo the Musical segment, Sesame Street returning to the golden age of cinema and Alan, unfortunately, being a big ham.
    Phillip likes this.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

did you do a search on sesamestreet.org?
  12. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Wow incredible!! who performs on Upside Downs abbey alongside Frank Oz? thanks!!!
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I may want to look for them online as well, since I may not be home when the episodes air.
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

At the start of the video I thought it was Fran Brill, then after hearing it more I almost thought it sounded like Jerry Nelson, so I don't know. "Mum"
  15. Oscarfan

It's Fran.
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks I thought so, I wonder if she is going to be the one who works with Frank more now that Jerry is gone. I also love how we have had two videos from Frank since the whole Kevin thing broke out. I know they had to be filmed before all of it, but I would have to think that Frank might step up a little more to help Sesame out.
  17. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to remind everyone: Go back to setting your DVRs, waking up early, or whatever you're doing to watch Sesame now, because new episodes start tomorrow!
  18. Drtooth

Grover really saved the street story. I really think they underused the concept of Elmo being the sidekick/assistant/protege of Grover. They used it to some extent here.

I wish there was a paleontologist in my neighborhood. There really is a diverse circle of careers in New York city. I am loving this People in the Neighborhood segment. I wish they'd make it its own segment and replace Abby's School with it.

And FINALLY! A New Super Grover 2.0. Grover was all over today's episode. They used that V sketch. That's like 3 segments. He's used roughly as much as Elmo was in this episode. That's amazing.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I watched today's episode, and it was good. I was surprised that the Upside Downton Abbey segment was not in today's episode (I thought I read that it was going to be in this one, guess I misread).

The cartoon with the cavemen was good. I am sad to say that I didn't really pay much attention to Super Grover 2.0 and mistakenly thought it was something I had seen. I wish they'd have played a different Elmo the Musical than Guacamole the Musical. It seems almost every time I watch an episode with the segment it usually has the "Guacamole" episode (and I don't like guacamole).
  20. Drtooth

That's the third time that one was on all season, and that's all par for the course. Producing less than 13 of something per 26 episode season and showing it 3 times due to the budget. I saw it coming a light year away.

I also find it odd they promoted Upsidedowntown Abbey over the weekend when it doesn't show up until an episode later this week. I kinda wish they'd wait until after it aired before they put it on youtube. You'd wind up seeing it multiple times before it pops up on the show proper.