Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The episode for Friday September 28 is...

4305: Me Am What Me Am

Cookie Monster becomes known as the Veggie Monster after he eats several carrots.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The episode for Friday September 28 is...

4305: Me Am What Me Am

Cookie Monster becomes known as the Veggie Monster after he eats several carrots.

HA, they're finally doing a full episode on this inside joke. :insatiable:

I'm watching right now and I'm finding it hilarious.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4305: Me Am What Me Am.
Word on the Street: Patience.

Street Story.
Cookie Monster and Chris are making cookies... Actually, the street story starts with them finishing up the song "Another Season", a song sung by Frank Oz.
Okay... So this is basically a street story long rehash of the sketch with Matt Lawer from when the "Veggie Monster" story got blown up out of proportion, but with Mario Lopez for Extra Sesame Street instead.
DD you A.C. Slater and your gotcha journalistic practices! ! :grr:
And you'd think everybody on Sesame Street would know better than to automatically believe Cookie dubbed as the Veggie Monster.
Thank you Cookie for setting the record straight, hopefully once and for all, with a sweet rousing song channeling Popeye's famous catch phrase, "Me Am What Me Am".
So why the frog did we have to wait seven years continually reliving this crud?!?
Hands down, the worst street story of the week, except for that song by :insatiable:.
Segments.
1 Muppet/Celebrity: Elmo and sombody explain "patience" while waiting for the basketball to get some air.
2 Chefs Murray and Ovejita prepare a W with walnuts, watermelon, and waffles.
Er, Ovejita, "W" in Spanish isn't "doble u", it's properly said "uve doble".
3 Kids went walking in the woods, where they found a wand and made a wish for W-words like water and wings and wind and a wagon filled with watermelons, a whale upon a wave.
Is okay, but Wacky Waldo would have been better.
4 W is for Wings animated sketch. This one I kind of like because of the nocturnal feel with the owls and bats.
5 Abby's Flying Fairy School: CaptainPirate Treasure Hunt.
The kids meet Mrs. Sparklenose's old friend Captain Hook.
Abby's a cousin to Tinker Bell?
Peter the Pan, LOL!
Dress-Up Corner to help Blögg get into costume... Is that next to their Block Corner? *Sesame fans should get that reference.
Hook: "I landed on my pirate booty!"
Wait a second... 2 cups of water from the Island of the Gushing Geysers, then 3 spoons of cinnamon from the Spice Islands...
:smile: Cute, cute pun.
That's not a treasure map, it's a recipe page!
:hungry: Ya ya, making der nummy nummy crees-cruss applisos.
Which was what Mrs. Sparklenose mentioned at the beginning of the segment.
Heh, Blögg thinks the frilly shirt's making him smarter. Now lad, walk the plank to measure out a trollful of apples.
I wonder if the fairies know about the Accio spell to bring items towards them.
6 Updated version of "Count Me In".
7 Chef Murray and Ovejita prepare a 2 full of two sticks of butter.
8 Muppets: Elmo and Abby count and sing "Two Is My Favorite Number", originally sung by Joe Raposo.
9 Super Grover 2.0: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, repeat.
10 Murray at the Museum of Modern Remembering, trying to remember which door is the bird behind.
11 Muppets: Birdwalk Empire.
Nice to hear Frank voicing a new character, Clucky Luciano.
Enjoyed all the punny gangster names.
12 Elmo: The Musical, Pizza, The Musical.
Anybody got the number so I can call Elmo's Astro-Delivery Pizzas?
The crew takes off to fly their order off to Mars.
Because of the Zero G's, they lose six slices before passing Earth's moon.
Curse that shooting star for blasting a hole in the astronauts' spaceship.
The space chicken, with his Elvis mannerisms and laser tag game, does that remind anyone of anybody?
And of course they plug up the laser cannon barrels with the remaining slices, escaping the nafarious chicken's clutches.
Yay! The Martians! And the play ends in a Martian pizzabox dance.
Was waiting for the Martians to end up eating the box instead though.

cahuenga

Reaction score
What? Frank Oz as Cookie Monster again? Was it a song specifically recorded for this episode or was it an old song from the past?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What? Frank Oz as Cookie Monster again? Was it a song specifically recorded for this episode or was it an old song from the past?
No, Frank was a chicken in Birdwalk Empire. The episode's song was indeed new.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. They waited too long for this sort of episode, but I have to say... in an age run by tabloid celebrity stalkerazzi media, I'm glad Sesame Street managed to hand over its butt on a platter. Soundbites being half sound bites, internet video clips being news... that's not just how we get our celebrity news... that's how we get our news altogether. At least A.C. Slater didn't drive Cookie to shaving off his hair and having him call himself the Anti-Cookie.

But Cookie doing La Cage Aux Folles? Priceless. And Big Bird and Snuffy too! There really seems to have been more Muppets than usual these first 5 episodes.

Liked seeing Captain Hook in Abby's Fairy School, especially the nod to Abby being related to Tinkerbell. I'm just going to take Blogg's desire to wear a puffy pirate shirt as a Seinfeld reference.

Birdwalk Empire... they got a "beakeasy" joke in there. Parental/historian bonus. And I like how Frank was in a parody of a show starring Steve Buschemi. After all, they were co-stars in Monsters Inc, where Frank played his suffering sidekick.

And Elmo the musical... I don't know what was a bigger highlight. Darth Chicken or the Yip Yips!

cahuenga

Reaction score
No, Frank was a chicken in Birdwalk Empire. The episode's song was indeed new.
I mean in the episodes song, was it Frank as Cookie? because The count said: "Cookie Monster and Chris are making cookies... Actually, the street story starts with them finishing up the song "Another Season", a song sung by Frank Oz."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean in the episodes song, was it Frank as Cookie? because The count said: "Cookie Monster and Chris are making cookies... Actually, the street story starts with them finishing up the song "Another Season", a song sung by Frank Oz."
Oh, I see it now. I think he means they're singing a song originally done by Frank ("It's another season, another reason for eating cookie!")

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, what Oscarfan said was what I meant. *Hands out cookies just to spite the "Veggie Mongahs" out there.