Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry for the confusion. I don't watch The Voice, the actual show the parody's based on, and just thought it was another Ryan Seacrust vehicle.
*Needs to watch The Soup again to get more mocking jabs at that guy from Joel McHale.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That just reminded me, remember when EW first appeared & they repeated the same segment every episode for that particular week? At least we didn't get that.
I forget, and maybe someone can help me with this... did Elmo's World alternate every couple of episodes the first time, or did they just dive into the every episode portion when it premiered? But I was more than expecting ETM to jump into repeats. I expected to see Guacamole the Musical again the third day in actually.

Sounds interesting. But, the host is a spoof of Carson Daly, not Ryan Seacrest.
There's a difference?!?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forget, and maybe someone can help me with this... did Elmo's World alternate every couple of episodes the first time, or did they just dive into the every episode portion when it premiered? But I was more than expecting ETM to jump into repeats. I expected to see Guacamole the Musical again the third day in actually.
When Elmo's World premiered in November 1998, the same segment on "Balls" was shown the entire week. Many liked the segment. They were just disappointed that the same Elmo's World was shown five days in a row.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah...

Now I remember. I think I mixed it up with another segment. Elmo's World: Play orbs is a worst case scenario that even Abby's Flying School didn't surpass, thankfully.

And thanks for the help.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the episode with The Little Merbear and The Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy that aired three days in a row? That, sir, is the worst hands down. At least you're getting five different SST episodes with the EW: Balls segment.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well they need to come up with some kind of balance because kids and adults loss interest in re runs very quickly, and they should want to keep viewers not loss them.
If Elmo the Musical is going to cost so much more money then that has to be an issue and needs to be dealt with.
The only thing i can think of would be to go back to the very old format of putting the street story out through out the whole show.
Again i must say that today and all this weeks street stories where pure wonderful and they all did not center around Elmo which is a nice change.
So I think they need to re work some things. All in all i am loving this season I have not watched SS in a long time and this season is really bringing me back to being a huge fan with some minor changes needed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sadly, that's not quite correct. Adults might get sick of reruns, but apparently kids love them. I don't see why, but then again we live in an age of internet and DVD's, where we can watch something once and be content to watch it again in time.

But aside from that, SW really can't help reruns. I'm sure they'd love to have more episodes a season and more Elmo Musical and Abby School segments... but that's like saying I'd love a new car. It's a budget thing, they have to save money where they can, especially considering the scope of what SW does. And creepy superimposed baby head commercials aren't quite doing it.

Best we can do is donate to PBS and hope it goes to kid's programming instead of that British midwife crap and buy as much Sesame Street merchandise as possible. But then again, we'd need money to do that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sadly your probably right now after thinking about what you have said I know your right.
It has been a good season though.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Tomorrow's show is going to be the one to watch. Cookie finaly deals with eating vegetables and being called a veggy monster my Mario Lopez. This should be good!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And I'll be home this weekend, so I'll be able to catch it, as well as the season premiere on Sat.