Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Stephanie D'Abruzzo's website says that they're currently filming season 44 and half of season 43. This may explain why we have to wait until Feb. to see the rest of the season. The episodes we're seeing were filmed during season 42 and the ones we'll see in Feb haven't been filmed yet and are getting produced now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I overslept and missed the street story. The Amazing Voice segment was very funny. It feels very similar to the American I segment.

It's weird that they already repeated an Elmo the Musical segment during its first week. I know there's only ten so far, but they should at least show five before repeating. Watching the repeat I felt I would have rather Elmo the Musical and Elmo's World alternate (it'd definately shut up the parents who complained about its absense... Right???).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's weird that they already repeated an Elmo the Musical segment during its first week. I know there's only ten so far, but they should at least show five before repeating. Watching the repeat I felt I would have rather Elmo the Musical and Elmo's World alternate (it'd definately shut up the parents who complained about its absense... Right???).
Season 43 and older episodes will begin alternating next week. So Elmo's World will be seen again beginning on Tuesday October 2 with "The A Team" episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
11 Elmo: The Musical, Athlete: The Musical.
*Waits to hear who groans foul over the repeat so soon first.
At this point, complaining about repeats is futile. We knew they only had 10 of those segments to spread over 26 episodes to begin with... we were just waiting for when they'd start repeating. Personally, I wish they waited until they had the first five aired, but they want to mix things up for some reason.

But the main story sketch was the fourth in a line of really funny, wacky, off the wall street stories. And we got Oscar in this one, a surprise when you don't read the episode descriptions. Yeah... that's what stains do. The more you try to wash them off, the bigger they become. The best case scenario is that the stain gets faint enough so you don't really notice it much in a dark room.

Still, Papa Bear does realize that kids can't stay clean and buying them white shirts is an exercise in futility.

The only other highlight was The Voice. That was clearly Elmo's hand in the opening logo.

But still... at the risk of repeating myself... why the heck does that Earth's Best crap have to be so disturbing?

It's like a CGI body of a kid with a flat face superimposed on it... it's like... well...

Only is very disturbing animation.

SSLFan

Reaction score
At this point, complaining about repeats is futile. We knew they only had 10 of those segments to spread over 26 episodes to begin with... we were just waiting for when they'd start repeating. Personally, I wish they waited until they had the first five aired, but they want to mix things up.
That just reminded me, remember when EW first appeared & they repeated the same segment every episode for that particular week? At least we didn't get that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I will say that i agree that the street scenes are really really fun this season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Can someone spoil what happens the Voice sketch for me (what happens after the tap dancer)? I don't really mind.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was pretty funny. The Word of the Day bit was okay. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new AFFS was good. I liked that it was about Niblit feeling left out. The Voice parody was hilarious! Maybe, kids would start liking Elmo the Musical more now that they've started repeating. Maybe if they see it twice, it'll grow on them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone spoil what happens the Voice sketch for me (what happens after the tap dancer)? I don't really mind.

After the tapdancer, the Ryan Seacrest Muppet got annoyed at the judges thinking that was a voice, so he pointed out the contestant was tapdancing with his feet.
Contestant #2 came on and whistled, which the judges mistook for a voice as well.
:fanatic: Whistling?
Yep.
:fanatic: Boy, I hope they don't steal my act.
Contestant #3 came in and engaged in the noble musical instrument of the armpits.
This led the Ryan Seacrest Muppet to start shouting at the judges how those weren't voices... He went to turn around their chairs for the next entry, but got caught in the revolving action instead, screaming all the while, leading the judges to conclude he was "The Voice".
Ryan Seacrest Muppet: "I need to find another game show! ! !"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
After the tapdancer, the Ryan Seacrest Muppet got annoyed at the judges thinking that was a voice, so he pointed out the contestant was tapdancing with his feet.
Contestant #2 came on and whistled, which the judges mistook for a voice as well.
:fanatic: Whistling?
Yep.
:fanatic: Boy, I hope they don't steal my act.
Contestant #3 came in and engaged in the noble musical instrument of the armpits.
This led the Ryan Seacrest Muppet to start shouting at the judges how those weren't voices... He went to turn around their chairs for the next entry, but got caught in the revolving action instead, screaming all the while, leading the judges to conclude he was "The Voice".
Ryan Seacrest Muppet: "I need to find another game show! ! !"
Sounds interesting. But, the host is a spoof of Carson Daly, not Ryan Seacrest.