Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Sesame Street's 43rd season officially begins Monday on PBS stations across the country. Check your local times in your area. Sesame Street begins a new era with the debut of "Elmo the Musical." Find out all about Sesame Street Season 43 and "Elmo the Musical" here.

After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts. When you're the first to post about a new episode please include a description of the street scene or an episode number so that we know which episode you are discussing.

The season premiere episode for Monday September 24 is...

4301: Get Lost, Mr. Chips
Cookie Monster tries to control himself when the exclusive Cookie Connoisseurs Club makes a visit.

If you've seen Sesame Street Season 43, please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episodes.

wiley207

Reaction score
Is it just me, or was Murray Monster practically shouting his lines for the Word on the Street? (which was "Nibble")

The opening sequence is the same one we've been seeing since Season 40. Nothing has been changed on it.
Cookie Monster's voice sounds different for some reason. Even my ear detects David Rudman, it doesn't sound like how he usually voices Cookie...
"Me pledge allegiance!"
Alan: "That's just how he talks." :insatiable:
(Watching right now as I type...)

Man, this street scene is a bit longer than usual. It's already 10:15. I wonder if this is a somewhat new thing for the season; extending the new street scenes by a few minutes?

So far it was an entertaining street story :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm watching the show right now (it came on at 10 here), and I really liked the street scene. It had a bit of humor, lots of charm, I think that it's really good so far.

I have to note that Halle Berry didn't do a very good acting job in her sketch with Elmo...

The opening sequence is the same one we've been seeing since Season 40. Nothing has been changed on it.
I wasn't a big watcher of the past few seasons much, but to me it seemed like there was some new background music in the scene that they recently added? Just like at the beginning I thought I heard an underlying melody in there that I didn't remember.

Cookie Monster's voice sounds different for some reason. Even my ear detects David Rudman, it doesn't sound like how he usually voices Cookie...
I agree that David's Cookie does sound a bit different. Nothing major, but it sounds a little rougher.

Man, this street scene is a bit longer than usual. It's already 10:15. I wonder if this is a somewhat new thing for the season; extending the new street scenes by a few minutes?
It seems to have run on for 18 minutes, when I thought before they were usually 16. So an extra two minutes are good.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, Elmo the Musical is only 11 minutes (verses Elmo's World 15 minutes) so there will be some additional time to work with in each show. Hopefully this time will be used for more Muppet inserts, but if the street story justifies the extra time occasionally that works too.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow..."Five By" is on right now, and I am just loving this. The inclusion of Count...it's brilliant!

Hubert

Reaction score
Forgive me for wondering, but is the Super Grover 2.0 sketch a new one? I really enjoyed it, and I loved the set and the puppets used. It was an all around great sketch, new or not.

And is the Two-Headed Monster sketch on right now new? Or is it a repeat? Either way, I'm excited to see the 2-in-one monster be featured today.

wiley207

Reaction score
So far "Elmo the Musical" seems a bit more professionally-made...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Forgive me for wondering, but is the Super Grover 2.0 sketch a new one? I really enjoyed it, and I loved the set and the puppets used. It was an all around great sketch, new or not.

And is the Two-Headed Monster sketch on right now new? Or is it a repeat? Either way, I'm excited to see the 2-in-one monster be featured today.
The Two-Headed Monster bit, which I saw online, is indeed. What was the Super Grover 2.0 bit? I'd know if it was new or not.

Hubert

Reaction score
The Two-Headed Monster bit, which I saw online, is indeed. What was the Super Grover 2.0 bit? I'd know if it was new or not.
It was about a mouse trying to bring cheese to a rat in a restaurant-type setting, yet not being able to get the door open to come out while holding the cheese.