Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the episode is really about regression, when I can't help get my mind out of the cynical MST3K/Family Guy cutscene/Bad anime convention panel gutters and think it's an allegory about addiction.

But the line Elmo said about using the Binky fairy money to buy another binky anyway just sold the addiction theory to me.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Did anyone see the "monster went & ate my red 2"? HILARIOUS! It's a spin-off of one of Elvis Costello's songs, and features Elmo & Elvis Costello talking about a monster (I won't say "who" this monster is! :smile: ) eating their Red 2

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the episode is really about regression, when I can't help get my mind out of the cynical MST3K/Family Guy cutscene/Bad anime convention panel gutters and think it's an allegory about addiction.

But the line Elmo said about using the Binky fairy money to buy another binky anyway just sold the addiction theory to me.
You and I think alike: now that Sesame Workshop has actually produced an episode that adults interpret as an "addiction story", do you think Elmo will replace Cookie Monster as the main character in those cutaway gags? (Maybe not, since Elmo did kick the pacifier habit eventually; but the odds are decent that someone on Seth Greene's staff still likes the idea.)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Did anyone see the "monster went & ate my red 2"? HILARIOUS! It's a spin-off of one of Elvis Costello's songs, and features Elmo & Elvis Costello talking about a monster (I won't say "who" this monster is! :smile: ) eating their Red 2
What was the original song that EC parodied in "Ate My Red 2"? Since I'm not that familiar with popular music, seeing the original lyrics might help me get some of the jokes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We finally get an Ernie and Bert claymation, and of course it's a rerun. I don't care how apt that one is. I wish WB would release the rest of those cartoons to DVD. I don't think we'll see any more of them without that.

The opening story was nice. Great to see Big Bird back in action and all. Reminded me of that Garfield cartoon "Ode to Odie." Second time Big Bird was blue... lost opportunity to reference that movie or Pino, though.

Loved the letter and number segments. Wonderfully animated bit about Y, and I think that 9 cartoon was trying to channel Donnie Budd. That's the vibe I got.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the street story today. I liked Big Bird's Happy to be Me song. I liked the word of the day bit, espicaily the Walking on Sunshine style music. The new Murray tune-ins were fun. Abby's FFS was good.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Why are Chris and Leela so prominent these days? I mean, I love the characters, but it seems there are no room for the rest of the cast anymore, and they are used almost like extras, althought we´ll see Susan for 2 episodes this season, besides the lever song..willl we see Bob in a street story this season?? and what happened to Miles?? And the last: how many skits have taped Frank Oz for this year?? too many questions I know, but thanks if someone can answer them for me!!!!