Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... now we're getting the Abby repeats.

Also, the format changed abruptly back to where it was... Murray introducing letters and numbers. But at least he in introduced the letter with the help of Ovejita. The guessing game was still useless and I'm sure we'll see that several times.

Nice to see another culture based episode. Marco's grown up rapidly. We haven't seen him for seasons, so it was kinda weird to see him that old. And the end of the episode not only covered a lost classic song, but at least it didn't look like the gloomy ghost town the street has become. All the adults and several of the Muppets at ONCE?! Is it pathetic to think that's revolutionary?

Another great Super Grover 2.0, so so filler other than that. Liked seeing Traction Jackson's Imagine song again. Always thought that was cute.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Uh...what?
I was saying that they recently put more episodes into each season (or maybe it was just last season), but for the first time in years are recycling street scenes from past seasons. I guess it's a budget thing. I wonder whose idea (Sesame Workshop or PBS) it was to increase the number of episodes a season.

And I'm assuming they're only recycling street stories shot in HD. Since they started shooting in HD there's only been 52 HD episodes before they went back to reusing old street stories, so I find that ironic since there aren't really many HD episodes to choose from (sure, there's enough for the remainder of repeated episodes, but it still seems small to me).

I should have known the entire episode was a repeat when I saw Murray announce the number of the day, since I'd heard they dropped the letter/number of the day segments (unless they just don't appear in every episode anymore).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked today's street story. I guess this was the show Abby was talking about in her ToughPigs interview. I liked their version of Amigo at the end. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new Super Grover 2.O was funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The next new one won't air until the 17th, so a couple more eps with repeats.
Yeah, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop... or something. That's an apt metaphor, right?

Nice to see that they started up the first five episodes of the season with the new episodes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As I said in my Mindset article, as much as I love these new Super Grover bits, I don't think they should be wasting them at the start of the season. Unless they filmed more than last year, they use of the 7 unaired E&B adventures.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked today's street story. I guess this was the show Abby was talking about in her ToughPigs interview. I liked their version of Amigo at the end. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new Super Grover 2.O was funny.
Yeah. It does look like there are a few that incorporate the letter and number of the day that are airing this season.
The next new one won't air until the 17th, so a couple more eps with repeats.​
I'm not too sure about that. According to Muppet Wiki the next new one is scheduled for this Friday.​

I actually like they're doing it this way. It's gives me a chance to see the exact same episode with no segments changed. I didn't record this one, though. Because I have the street story on DVD.
I guess I know what you mean about the repeats. After all, they did throw in a new Telly and Oscar sketch in a repeat episode. I wouldn't have known it was there if I hadn't seen it on the forums. It's quite confusing. They may as well save the new material for the new episodes.

Nice to see another culture based episode. Marco's grown up rapidly. We haven't seen him for seasons, so it was kinda weird to see him that old.
Well, he did look older than he probably should have been, but that's understandable. It happened with Miles and Gabi as well, and Richie Crawford of "Family Matters" fame and Chrissy Seaver of "Growing Pains." The list goes on and on.

All the adults and several of the Muppets at ONCE?! Is it pathetic to think that's revolutionary?
And yet, still no sign of Big Bird. It's not like him to miss a fiesta.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, the next new Abby's Flying Fairy School segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I see. I really don't pay attention to the AFFS parts so I wouldn't know. Lol.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Which adults were in the Fiesta song?? were Bob, Susan and Gaby? and one question: where is Miles??? they have written out his character in the last three seasons! why??