Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ya' know what I'm wondering? If Murray's science bits don't specify the number and letter in his intros, what did they film that lottery bit for?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ya' know what I'm wondering? If Murray's science bits don't specify the number and letter in his intros, what did they film that lottery bit for?
I'm guessing next season. They have been filming some season 43 footage along with the 42 stuff. So it could either be there or later this season.

Loving the kinda sorta Transformers parody today. It's nice to see them go from a science street story to a math based one... even though the two fields are quite close. I swear that some of those Muppets running around at first were caricatures of the stars of the movie. One looked like Shea and I guess the girl was supposed to be Megan Fox. Liked the reference to Bumble Bee.

That AFFS makes me want a Blogg toy even more. I hope they don't drag their feet on that one. Liked Abby being ticked about being dirty too. Stuff actually seems to be happening to her lately.

And HEY! A full uninterrupted week of NEW AFFS? Inconceivable!

And of course, another great SG2.0 segment. The seagull really sold it. Wonder why out of 5 episodes so far we only got one Bert and Ernie, and a rerun at that... hopefully we'll see more later in the season.

But the biggest highlight (even though they could have used this before) was seeing the Two Headed Monster again.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ok, so I saw the PU episode, and it is the best yet! I love seeing Huxley's minions, and the Professor reminds me of Huxley himself. Probably because of his eyebrows or should I say the minion's aunt and uncle! I like Gonnigan's Rapunzel hair cream, and even more so for Super Grover with the mouse in the diner.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was funny. I loved the faces they had when they changed into shapes. The new Murray tune-ins were fun. AFFS was hilarous! Super Grover 2.O was funny and the bit with the Two-Headed Monster was good. I got rid of the episode after I watched it, since it's gonna be on DVD. That being said, I hope they rerun AFFS, SG 2.O and the Two-Headed Monster bit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ok, so I saw the PU episode, and it is the best yet! I love seeing Huxley's minions, and the Professor reminds me of Huxley himself. Probably because of his eyebrows or should I say the minion's aunt and uncle! I like Gonnigan's Rapunzel hair cream, and even more so for Super Grover with the mouse in the diner.
Yeah. The ones involving Oscar are always the best. But I guess I said that a thousand times already. Lol.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah. The ones involving Oscar are always the best. But I guess I said that a thousand times already. Lol.
Oscar's always funny , and I agree that Maria being the only thing that can wake Louis was hilarious!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
This season so far has been AMAZING! I love every episode so far, especially Shape-O-Bots (thank you Andy Samberg!). But I really am loving this season, I hope it keeps going the way it's been going it's hilarious. Oh, and I shouldn't forget Super Grover 2.0, the one with the mouse, pitch perfect. The parodies are great ("G" especially). I'm just loving this season :insatiable::super:

wiley207

Reaction score
And HEY! A full uninterrupted week of NEW AFFS? Inconceivable!
I agree, that's a lot more like it. But if they must rerun the segments, rather than show the same seven or eight segments over and over, they could rerun all the ones from the past two seasons, maybe alternate. Then we'd have SOME more variety, if a segment is shown more than once, it will probably be only two or three times in the season.
At least it still holds up a lot better than that incredibly boring "How Milk is Made" segment from the first episode!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today's episode involves Elmo and Telly as "The Cowboy Pair" (this sounds like a past episode I haven't seen, probably a repeat but I'm not sure.

I've walked in and out of the room at times, so I may have missed some segments (I don't remember seeing any segments for today's letter, E), but here's a (probably incomplete) list of today's segments:
  • Word on the Street: Pair
  • The Cowboy Pair
  • Word of the Day Explanation: Pair
  • Abby's Flying Fairy School: Blogg turns into a puppet
  • Ding-Along Song
  • Salty and Pierre: 2
  • Murray Has a Little Lamb: Irish Tap Dancing School
  • Mad Men
  • Claymation: A caveman helps the other get warm
  • Elmo's World: Farms

Aside from the word of the day segments and Elmo's World (and I guess the number of the day being 2, which is what pairs come in), it looks like the segments weren't themed by the topic of the street scene. There was a lot of variety in today's episode. Though I guess there aren't too many segments about pairs, especially not in any of the "daily segments".

I think the street story would make a great headliner for a DVD release: "The Cowboy Pair and Other Western Tales". It could be followed by several classic Sesame Street western sketches. Maybe even have a round of "The Best of Forgetful Jones" as the entire second half hour (or as a bonus).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's a repeat from Season 40. And it's exactly what I didn't want; a repeat with nothing changed, except for a new number slapped on. Last year we had repeats, but they changed everything else in the show. I was hoping they'd do the same with these, but apparently not.