Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think Kevin said it best in the Mindset interview, saying that even though Elmo has such a big imagination, he can't find a way to make a rock believable.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And yet he can make a goldfish or even that awful "asking a baby" believable? I wouldn't have that much of an issue with that part of EW if it were a young child who could answer back instead of a baby, as Muppet-Kid moments have been a hallmark segment of Sesame as far back as ever. But every time he goes to ask the baby, it just makes me quote South Park, as it's "time to kick the baby" or even Garfield when it's "time to kick the puppy off the table".

Drtooth

Reaction score
They weren't kidding about this being a Bubblefest. Even Abby's Fairy school mentioned Bubblegum.

Alan and Chris kinda salvaged this one by hamming it up. Seemed like a pretty dull storyline... and a pretty deserted street for a Bubblefest (everyone out of town that day?) I mean, scores of people came for Jack's Jump and that Hat day... but Bubblefest? There was one kid there. I did like the fact they mentioned you can make your own bubblefluid at home... guess the exact directions are somewhere on the site.

Was that a specific new Telly puppet built just to blow the bubbles? His eyes seemed frozen in open pose, and the sides of his cheeks looked different.

Great Abby, though, somehow I felt they should've made a Popeye references about the Goons...

Wouldn't it've been funny for Abby to turn into that? Loved her voice when she was, though... too bad that was only for 2 seconds.

Reused Super Grover? eh? Okay. Really liked that Super Grover song. Was that a reference to something?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I saw both of the new episodes so far and they're pretty good. The first episode with the Herbert the Human Cannonball is pretty annoying, (thanks to Chris's role), but the other episode with Zoe and Elmo trying to make Rocco float was pretty cute. I like the new Pandora's Lunchbox from Abby's Flying Fairy School, and I even have a soft spot for Super Fairy and the new Super Grover 2.0 episode with force as the subject. (Watch for funny Star Wars references)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street storry was all right. I liked Telly's attemps to blow bubbles. The George Lopez liquid bit was great. George Lopez is one of my favorite shows. The new Murray tune-ins were fun. AFFS was funny. The Super Grover 2.O song was awesome!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed that the squid from the Heaviest Catch sketch on the TV looked a lot more seamless than the version online. It looked like it was the shading or something, but definitely looked a little different and more believable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering we're had 4 consecutive science based storylines, I think this was the best one. Maybe because Oscar's always great... I dunno. But this was a lot more fun than the 2 engineering based ones and the chemistry based one we had yesterday. We got some great Oscar moments and more than one adult human. The sequence in Maria and Luis's bedroom was PRICELESS! Loved the vulvulvulwhatever those things are moment. Definitely stood out in a crowd more than the last three... though tomorrow, I'm glad we're getting a geometry based episode.

What can I say about the Glee parody I haven't yet said.... gee... I don't watch Glee that much, so I don't know if the guy in the beard hat and glasses is anyone specific... when I saw him, all I could thing of was:

Abby once again screws things up by adding odd fairy technology in AFFS... come on... Rapunzel hair gel? NO ONE saw that coming? I guess if they did, it would have been a boring 7 minutes of them sitting around.

Then I had the problem DW had last season... during a wonderful Super Grover 2.0, the screen went green for half the segment. Shame. That was a VERY good sketch... especially since Super Grover never considered just holding the door while the mouse brought the cheese out. Of course, Charlies had doors that swung open in both directions, so he never had to face that problem.

And I LOVE that Sesame Street Rizzo like puppet.

Still, you'd think the film where the kid did yoga would feel right at home in an episode later this season where they actually DO yoga.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I watched the Bubble episode today, and thought it was pretty cute. I'm pretty annoyed though that so far no episodes had Big Bird. I like the Little Bunny Foo Foo episode of Abby more than the original too. If you haven't watched it you'll really laugh when poor Abby and Gonnigain turn into goons. I also enjoy the use of Ovejita without the exact same episode repeated again and again.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was great. I loved seeing the Pesties again. The new Murray tune-ins were all right. AFFS was funny. Super Grover 2.O was hilarous! I already saw the Glee parody so, I'm not gonna say how great it was.