Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the street story, and everything else IO saw was pure rerun filler... so that's the only thing that matters. Plus, I already saw the Elmo song online a week ago (Big Bird's in it... so it is pretty good).

Cute and informative, I guess... there weren't any laughs unless you really liked the reference to the Wonder Woman transformation sequence Elmo did...

But I think it's time to discuss another issue...

anyone else not liking how they're staggering these episodes? One a week, 2 the next, three in one than a whole week for one... then we have to wait 2 weeks for another new episode. I know they're trying to stretch a month's worth of episodes to fit 5 months... but is that really necessary? Especially through the wait of reruns to get a "new" episode full of rerun filler? I understand they can't put them all on at once, but why can't they just split the episodes up into groups or something and air them uninterrupted?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story today was alright. The Murray tune-ins were fun. My favorite part was We All Got the Moves with the three stars of SS: Elmo, Abby, and Big Bird.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And what the heck was up with that unimaginative and boring bit about 6? 6 Kids look at a number 6 made of rocks?

Really, considering I saw Elmo's got the moves (which was pretty good, actually... never thought I'd hear Elmo et al Autotuned) on Youtube, I coulda just stopped after the street story.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Most of you have said what I was going to say about the street scene and the "Got the Moves" song, except for one observation: if I were a butterfly, I'd suspect that a much larger creature in disguise was a potential predator instead of a friend. Maybe Gordon, science teacher that he is, should've told Elmo that before the poor monster went to so much trouble with the costumes.

Moving right along: That "F is for Father" film/song in today's episode was new, well-written and full of cute moments; it also taught a social lesson on the side (dads and kids can have fun doing many things together). So why couldn't the Workshop find an equally watchable film for the number of the day? I have a feeling those "numbers hidden in the rocks" segments will become as infamous to the next generation of older fans as the "kids painting number murals" series is to ours.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Moving right along: That "F is for Father" film/song in today's episode was new, well-written and full of cute moments; it also taught a social lesson on the side (dads and kids can have fun doing many things together). So why couldn't the Workshop find an equally watchable film for the number of the day?
I kinda missed out on that because I had...ehm hrrrmmmm hrrmmm... matters to attend to (I was waiting for Abby, but... you know how those things are). But I'm sure it will surface on the Youtube channel soon.

But that 6 thing was dull.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Missed everything after the Letter of the Day. Anything interesting after that?

I guess this was a cute episode for those who have to deal with their brothers or sisters. Really dug the references to M.C. Hammer in that flashback. Songs were pretty well done too. Is Chris's sister in any other projects? She's fantastic. She really should be made a regular. Still, another episode with only a couple Muppets, a couple humans and no one else... It would have been something to see Oscar comment on Baby Bear and Curley's arguments... but that happened already.

Can we PLEASE get someone to tell Sesame Workshop the Sanrio-ized letter segments suck? They're like the equivalent of the mural paintings to me right now.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story today was cute. Thw Word of the Day bit with Jimmy Kimmel was funny. The new Murray tune-ins were cool.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Missed everything after the Letter of the Day. Anything interesting after that?
Just re-used everything, except for new tune-ins and a new cartoon about the number 20. You can see it on the website.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What on Earth was that weird rapping zebra bit?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What on Earth was that weird rapping zebra bit?
That somehow would have made more sense at the end of the Shape-oBots episode.

There's numerous things I can say about today's episode, but I'll cut to the quick. I could deal with it either "It isn't so hard! See?" or an overly optimistic "this is good sign of things to come," But let's not stress over it.

Mumford came back. A fan favorite classic came back and there was no reports of toddlers going ape about a character they don't remember. Bringing back classic characters should be a recurring event. At least one or two a season.

Other than that, nice little references to the Flying School and Elmo's world by the detective. Was AFFS ever mentioned outside the segment? That makes it seem more connected to the series. Liked the gag camera angles/movements referencing those cop shows.

Not really much else to comment on, but that's the Lottery segment that we've been waiting for... I'm not sure it's the same one they were shooting.