Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4215: Chicken When It Comes To Thunderstorms.
Sponsors: C, 9.
Airdate: September 29, 2010.
Season: Season 41.

Cold Opening: What's the Word on the Street?
Comfort.

Street Story:
Elmo and Abby come back from a chicken-league baseball game.
Chris offers them lemonade...
And then it starts to thunder.
(Ah, how I love it when it storms outside, because then I get to count the thunderclaps! And lovely lightning!)
Chris and Leela help them make sure the chickens stop freaking out from both climatological effects.
They finally huddle up and tell them about the naturality of storms.
Chris gets into his sideshow barker persona to get the chickens to calm down by just watching the storm.
Elmo gets the chickens to count the seconds to tell when the storm's moving away...
And they calm the last chicken by showing it the storm's just loud sound and light flashing.
BTW: Good pun names for the chickens.

Celebrity/Muppets: "Comfort" explained by Jason Bateman, ended up being comforted by Elmo.
Film: Kids talk about what scares them.
Letter of the Day: What's on Me that Starts with C?
Murray wears a crown, carrot, coat...
Animation: Marching carrots present the letter C.
AFFS: Naptime.
Heh, chic sheep with snooty European accents.
"That's a lot of legs of lamb."
*Laughs at Abby's plan to subtract sheep by getting half of them in football formation for a long pass, guess she summoned some actual St. Louis Rams.
They shoulda just got the Count to bring his sheep from Lambaba.
Number of the Day: Murray counts 9 kids and 9 tapdancers.
Animation: The Adventures of Salty and Pierre search for the number 9 on a steamer train.
Muppets: Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Loch Ness.
"Ernie, she's a myth." Yeth?
"Why don't you row row row the boat for a while Ernie?"
Very good episode... And they even got a shot of Nessie's finger? in the photo she took of the lads.
Muppets: Murray demonstrates inside and outside.
Muppets: True Mud from GrouchBo.
Man, I love Jerry getting wrangled by all the rhymes with "mud".
Elmo's World: Sky.
Closing: Murray rewinds to the sponsors.

An okay episode... Great Adventures and True Mud were definite highlights.
Seems we're getting all the parodies fright off the bat this week. Hope they save something for later in the season though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really seems like a LOT of Elmo-centric stories this season. Guess he's going to be part of every street story this year. The chickens really made the opening sketch a LOT funnier than it could have been. Really wish that a certain Thunderous Count made a cameo, though.

Muppets: Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Loch Ness.
"Ernie, she's a myth." Yeth?
Anyone else half expecting that someone would say that in that skit? Nice to see we're actually seeing more Ernie and Bert segments.

And it's also refreshing to see an Abby's Flying School where SHE's the problem and the cause of all the action, instead of Blogg or Gonnigan. Loved the three Eurotrash model sheep.

And True Mud was even funny when it wasn't cut up. It was leaked on YT a few days ago, but the longer scenes made it even better. Plus, loved that Oscar cameo at the beginning. Those pictures of Grouches in the opening looked familiar. Were they used for the Grouch Explorer song?

Really liked seeing Salty and Pierre again, but I really wish they'd make more of them. SS needs a recurring animated segment like in the old days of Jazz numbers, Pinball Number Count, Teeny Little Super Guy and the rest.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've been trying to watch the chicken episode now, but unfortunately my local station froze up in the middle of AFFS. I'm assuming the show will be over by the time they get that glitch fixed. *sigh* What can you do?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new street story was funny. I liked the jokes Chris made. The new Abby's Flying Fariy School was hilarous! The model sheep were my favorite part. The Bert and Ernie's Great Adventure was good. I liked how Ernie and Bert were shown in their trademark form.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I caught the rest of the chicken episode today. 'True Mud' was good as was 'Great Adventures.' Though I think I missed the 'yeth' part.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Loved the Iron Monster bit. Especially how they actually changed the name FROM Ironing Monster. That sounded too awkward. Will say it would have really been great if Bert and Cookie stuck around a bit longer. Though, I loved Cookie's line "Does anyone know how to get cream filling out of suede?" I know they forcibly pair Elmo up with everybody, but when it boils down, the top three characters he works best with are Oscar, Zoe and especially Grover. Grover really should have deputized Elmo as his assistant Wash Machine. But great opening over all.

Wasn't too happy about a 4th time reused Abby segment. They clearly ONLY made 13 at this point, and UI guess I shouldn't be surprised.

And really, not loving the Sesame Street English stuff still being used.

Cute Ernie and Bert segment. Not one of their wildest or best adventures but still a fun one to watch. Still don't get the bit with Bert feeding that giant pigeon in a carnival booth though.

Oh... and as promised Artistic Rendering of Tuesday's episode

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Elmo as Wash Machine? Sssh, don't spoil their plans for the sequel, Iron Monster 2. :shifty:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Iron Monster street story was great. I loved the comments about the music. They really should get rid of those Elmo and Cookie bits from Sesame Street English. The song is cool, but it get's annoying. Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures was good. I can't comment on the parody or whatever they showed after Great Adventures, because my DVR always cuts up on that part. Was there anything I missed?

Never mind. I saw that they showed Add Em Up and Elmo's World: Frogs. That must have been good for everyone who missed it before.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I was amazed the Frogs segment re-aired because it had Kermit in it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So far, the only things bugging me about the season are the re-use of Murray segments (FF button is put to good use) and that they're not really using any non-EW material that's from before 2008. I mean, today's Iron Monster episode had a couple of things from the 4:3 days, but they weren't very memorable choices.