Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No. The Number of the day skit was still present. It was the same number 6 opening, and the skit itself was 6 street dancers.
I wonder how I missed that. I'm pretty sure I only left the room during Elmo's World.

Today's Abby's Flying Fairy School segment is the best one I've seen (though I've only seen a few of them). Maybe it's because it's one of the few to take place outside the school.

When they had them in a kids bedroom, I kept thinking that it would have been cool if that had been a CGI version of an existing character. Wouldn't it have been cool if it were Roosevelt Franklin, Farely, or Betty Lou in CGI (and since the character was sleeping they wouldn't have had to worry about recasting). After all, Abby doesn't know those characters (as far as we know), and it seems it would have been best if they were at the home of somebody they didn't know (and probably were).

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I LOVED Super Grover 2.0! I love how the costume is still reminiscent of the original costume, yet also more modern and (apparently) high-tech. Right when he was about to smack the ice block with the golf club, I said to my wife, "Okay, watch--his whole body is going to shake when he hits it." Sure enough... Classic!
:super:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barkley's in today's episode!

And Chris hummed a bit of Rubber Duckie.

Two-Headed Monster appeared in a 14 sketch! This must be their first major appearance since Journey to Ernie ended.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4214: The Happy Scientists.
Sponsors: F, 14.
Airdate: September 28, 2010.
Season: Season 41.

Cold Opening: What's the Word on the Street?
Journal.

Street Story:
Gordon explains to Elmo, Rosita, and Telly how to be "happy" scientists.
They eventually stumble on Leela giving Barkley a bath.
The monsters formulate their own hypotheses... It's good that Telly is the voice of discent, guess all those years of being Oscar's friend have rubbed off on him.
Off to test their hypotheses, they break an entry into Chris's bathroom to find him in the bathtub taking a bath.
"Can't I get a little privacy?"
"I'm really going to put a lock on that bathroom door."
"Taking a bath with your tongue? That's just gross!"
Telly's getting some great lines in this episode.
"You can't take a bath in dust, there's no water!"
The song's getting a bit annoying with all the breaks in between as they find all the creatures that take a bath.
Even Oscar's taking a bath, a mudbath.
"Now leave me alone so I can wallow in peace."
Telly emoted such wonderfully during his tantrum, that's something Sesame needs every now and then, a good emotional moment.
BTW: Did the monsters' parents get them all cameras for their birthdays between last season and now?

Celebrity/Muppets: Wanda Sickis explains "journal" to Elmo.
Though I've grown to think of her as overrated, this segment was fun when she started arguing with her journal/diary.
Letter of the Day: Murray finds a flashlight, finger, and foot.
Animation: F is for Float, weird moment.
AFFS: Cubby Creature.
Blogg moonwalking... *Thumbs up.
The class learn about simple patterns to find the cubby creature's hiding place and get back their stolen stuff.
More points when they played the death march music when Blogg gave up his jacket to track down the cubby creature's pattern of which cubbies he hides in.
The Name Game, guessing the creature's name with clues? That's not the Name Game...
Abby Abby, Bo Babby, Banana-Fanna-Fo Fabby, Fee Fi Mo Mabby, Abby.
That's the Name Game.
Song: What I Am with Will.I.Am and Muppets.
What a wonderfully good song/sketch.
Number of the Day: Murray and the kids count up to 14 with 14 hands and 14 farm animals.
Muppets: The Two-Headed Monster demonstrates the number 14 with 7 pigs and 7 chickens as counted out and added by Chris Rock? voiceover.
Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: The Three Ducketeers.
King Louie-Louie? *Cue music to the Kingsmen's classic unintelligible hit!
They even snuck a reference to letting them all eat cake.
The best part of today's episode fer sure.
Muppets: Murray shows backwards and forwards.
Film: Yoga Class? Oh no, quick, someone save Drtooth's TV set from the oncoming rock he's about to throw!
*Hears smashing glass and tubes blowing out. Too late.
Elmo's World: Baths.
Good to see Ernie and Rubber Duckie again.
Closing: Murray rewinds to present the sponsors.

Much better episode today... The new What I Am song, Great Adventures with jokes for us older fans, Fairy School with some good lines. This one's definitely winning over yesterday's episode for me.

alizakaila

Reaction score
wanda sykes on sesame street

it's wanda sykes=I thought she was great!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, the F for float WASN'T animation. No. They had an ACTUAL astronaut in actual space showing the lack of gravity. One of the best letter segments I've ever seen. I'm so glad they made something like that.

And yeah... Yoga on Sesame Street. When are they going to teach kids about cafe lattes and investment portfolios in green tech. How Yuppie can you get. We go from kids playing in a construction site to this. No wonder all them old school DVD's have warnings. :rolleyes: And the you know what skit was cut, but this is left in tact.

Anyway, GREAT episode. Even if it was basically an Elmo oriented one. Telly and Oscar really sold the segment. Telly freaking out and turning into a MAD scientist (in the most literal sense) was so great I picked up a pencil and started drawing it. May put it up either later today or tomorrow or whenever it's finished.

Again, can't see anything enough about the actual astronaut in space teaching the letter F. Stunning.

Great Abby with great Michael Jackson references throughout. Also liked the muppetified Jimmy Hendrix poster in Art Fishbottom's cubby hole. And we FINALLY get a new Ernie and Bert adventures segment. I love those. And we get a cracked view of history as Marie Marie doesn't let Louie Louie eat cake.

The Will I Am thing was cute... wish I didn't see it before online, but couldn't help it.

But the true highlight? The 2 headed monster's triumphant return. he hasn't been seen since they got rid of JTE. I really hope that's a recurring segment, the monster... monsters... that thing struggling to make a certain number. Classic 2Head bit.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And there was much rejoicing as TV was spared from the rockful wrath.

I'm waiting for Great Adventures' Superheropolis episode with the Mad Pancake.
Oh yeah, I remember the kit saying something about astronauts doing the letter presentations this season.

Some of the best lines so far in this episode.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Ha-ha I did find the new Super Grover 2.0 funny as well as some of the Scientist episode today. I must say that has to be the first time in awhile that Telly and Oscar interacted. :grouchy:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story for today's episode was good. I liked Telly changing into a mad scientist. The new Abby's Flying Fairy School and Bert and Ernie's Great Advanture were good as always. And the Two-Headed Monster returned! My only complaint with the season so far is that, my station still hasn't come to their senses and is still showing SS in full screen! It makes me P. O.ed!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are my likes from so far both episodes that have aired.

Episode 4213 Likes:
Super Grover 2.0 was awsome. Great to see him back as that loveable super hero. I hope more are with anything muppets other then just animals. Also i have a question. Was Frank Oz performing Grover? It to me didn't sound much like Eric's Grover but i could be wrong. And if so he's getting awsome at getting the voice down pat.
The camouflage song was pretty nifty.
I liked "The Closer" skit. It was pretty cool to see them doing more parodys of shows.

Episode 4214 Likes:
Loved the scientists story on this one. Cool to see Rosita, Telly and Elmo being like some of the older characters in invading Chris's apartment bathroom. Funny stuff there. Gordon probably didn't mind it being he didn't have to be in that tub.
The Will.I.Am song was cool even if i had already seen it.
The new Bert and Ernie Adventure was cool.
Abby's Flying Fairy School with the Micheal Jackson jokes.
Two Head Monster was funny too. Hope to see more of them. I really want to see some monster skits with anything Monsters. But i really enjoyed this episode alot more then the first one.