Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though it was an Elmo based and Elmo centric episode, I really dug the street story AND the Elmo slide. And I also really liked that we're getting the Elmo's World cartoons OUT of Elmo's world now... (the penguins and the number zero). Those songs at the beginning were catchy... really liked the Shout parody (and it was about laundry. Hooray for probably detergent reference) and Baby Bear's porridge number.

That said, remember how I said last season was Sesame's Cheapest Season. Boy was I wrong. So... lemme get this straight. We only have 6 Super Grover 2.0's. We've seen 2 twice already and we're only 8 episodes into a 26 season. Yeah... why do I get the feeling that we're gonna see the Penguins move the iceberg 4 times so they can save the remaining 4 episodes next year?
The way shows are going this year, I fear Sesame Street won't make it to Season 50.
I worry that myself. SS should go out with a bang... not a muffled whimper under a pillow due to microscopic budgets. Not even the littlest of little kids will like seeing the same stuff 20 times a season, especially if its the new footage they've been waiting a season for. There's, what... 5 sponsors, and they still have to reuse footage like that? I hope McD's didn't give the that much money, since they whined until it backed out. How much money is there in eggs, anyway?

I know they have their hands in other plates right now, international shows and segments... but they should have incorporated SOME of those segments into this season to fill it out.

Snuffylover

Reaction score
Today's storyline was one of the best Iv'e seen in a while. It reminded me of something you would have seen in a plot mabye 20 years ago. I can just see them doing the exact same plot with amazing Mumford in Abby's place, back in 1990, with Elmo doing the same thing. It was nice to see Bob. Boy does he ever look good for 78 years old!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... I forgot. For the first time since Jack's Big jump, the street didn't look completely absent of any life. Though I still think they should have at LEAST dug out some other Muppets besides AM's for the final sequence... maybe show us some characters we haven't seen in a while. Or at least characters who actually LIVED there.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I saw the street story before my DVR cut off. And it was great! It was bisically a parody of Glee, only more fun to watch! John Kennedy did a good job preforming Elmo. If I hadn't seen the video on the Robinson blog, I'd have thought Kevin was preforming Elmo himself.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It wasn't John. Kevin can still direct while performing Elmo, it's just not as easy. Look at episode 4161; Joey directed while performing Murray. It's not really a Glee parody.

I must say, the episode was just as good as I hoped it would be!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not really a Glee parody.
Wasn't this produced a while before Glee was on the air? Besides... if it really were a parody of Glee (someone's gonna hate me for this) they would have sang songs someone else already written (some out of context) in bizarre fantasy sequences mixed with singing the songs in real life situations confusing the heck out of the audience. :big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It wasn't John. Kevin can still direct while performing Elmo, it's just not as easy. Look at episode 4161; Joey directed while performing Murray. It's not really a Glee parody.

I must say, the episode was just as good as I hoped it would be!
Oh. Okay. BTW, I loved the YouTube parody Elmo slide.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I haven't seen 'Glee,' but I did recognize the tune of some of the songs specifically the 'Stop!' parody. Also, it was good to see Bob and Susan. It's too bad they only appear once per season these days. Though Bob appeared in two eps last year. I think I hear he is supposed to show up in another one this season, but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw her in the background with a group of people. I'm pretty sure it was her. I don't believe she said anything though.