Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Didn't Fran do the voice for Betty Lou too?

Is there any thread on here that has a list of retired characters? I'm interested now to see who has been retired and who is still around! I loved Betty Lou, she was in a Sesame Street Live that I really liked!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The thing of it is...the characters are a lot like the characters in pro wrestling. We say they're "retired", but for all we know they could return, just like a certain Phenom does every time he's done away with...

MuppetVision

Reaction score
thats sad. I liked her a lot for some reason. Does Harry Monster still appear/will he be around in the new season?

ISNorden

Reaction score
thats sad. I liked her a lot for some reason. Does Harry Monster still appear/will he be around in the new season?
Herry appears only in a few old inserts now, so it's pretty safe to assume they're phasing him out. I agree, though, that losing him is kind of sad; there's something about a big strong male monster who still has a sentimental, huggy side... :flirt:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Herry appears only in a few old inserts now, so it's pretty safe to assume they're phasing him out. I agree, though, that losing him is kind of sad; there's something about a big strong male monster who still has a sentimental, huggy side... :flirt:
That and they've phased out Sully, Biff, and Bruno.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Of course, it could also be that Jerry is about to retire. Dude's been with the Muppets since the Early days... unless they can find a suitable recast, Herry won't be around that long.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Of course, it could also be that Jerry is about to retire. Dude's been with the Muppets since the Early days... unless they can find a suitable recast, Herry won't be around that long.
What does that mean for The Count? He's the character Jerry still is willing to perform!

ISNorden

Reaction score
What does that mean for The Count? He's the character Jerry still is willing to perform!
Ouch. Retiring a character who's that central to the curriculum (no one else can do number segments that well!) is unthinkable; they'd better find a recast for the Count when Jerry Nelson retires! :batty:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Ouch. Retiring a character who's that central to the curriculum (no one else can do number segments that well!) is unthinkable; they'd better find a recast for the Count when Jerry Nelson retires! :batty:
The same would apply to Gobo if Jerry doesn't wish to perform in the Fraggle film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The same would apply to Gobo if Jerry doesn't wish to perform in the Fraggle film.

Off topic, way off, he would at LEAST loop dialogue.

As for Herry et al outside of the Count, I heard a couple years ago, they were auditioning recasts for some of Jerry's characters. Even as far back as Elmo in Grouchland, you can heard David Rudman give one line as Mr. Johnson when Jerry performed at least 2 other lines in the same scene.

Personally, I can't see why Herry can't be used in older footage... they have been doing that recently.