1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

'Cookie touch' ep

Okay. This was the first I saw the cookie touch episode, so I thought I'd reply to a few of the comments that were posted about that one.

Why? I thought that was a nice little bit there.

So it was around CM's birthday when that ep aired? That would be a cool idea to do that all the time. Have an episode focused on a character who's birthday it is. (Provided it's during a time when they're airing new eps.) I'll have to check out Muppet Wiki again and see when each character has a b-day. Anyway, it's good to have a Cookie-centric ep in general. I agree with Chris that the 'C is for Cookie' song never gets old. I also liked the 'sometime food' reference. It seems like their still showing both sides of Cookie Monster: the gluttonous monster that we've known and loved for near 40 years and the side of him that will eat healthy food as well.

Yeah. I guess Ernie didn't see the beginning of the show to realize how much trouble doing that would cause. Lol.

Yeah. That seems to be a common theme in most recent eps. A character would wish for something. Then some sort of fairy appears and grants the wish. Then the character realizes that the wish causes a lot of trouble so he/she regrets making the wish and calls on the fairy again to make things back to normal. You'd think Sesame Street Muppets would learn by this point to be careful what they wish for. Lol.

I actually didn't see Abby anywhere in this ep. (Unless I missed a part where she appeared.) It's kind of nice that they're not getting her in every episode like they did last season.

Overall, I liked this ep. I hope I get a chance to catch a few more episodes from this season that I haven't seen before.
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

4. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I thought of it to be the highlight of the season myself.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Okay. I tried the link and it said 'video not available.' Did they delete that one already or am I doing something wrong?
  7. Daffyfan2003

Okay. I got it now. You can disregard my last message.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Did anyone notice, was it yesterday's episode or the day before with the Pirates where Allen was getting food for everyone there's a set of photos hanging and one of them looked like a picture of David.

I'd have to see it again to make sure I saw it right but I swear it was him.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I know have to look more carefully next time myself.
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

In that episode where CM's casing after the letter O and plans to eat him.

Don't you wish he would of succeeded in doing so?
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't because the O was alive and that would have been disturbing to me. :eek:
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

*falls over from finally watching episode "Max the Magician."* Finally! This has been one hard wait for me. Sitting here. Waiting forrrr-ever to see this one episode. *tries to stand up but falls on face* Ooow. That really hurt. Why can't i stand up? *tries again but falls again* Oh no! My legs have turned to rubber. *screams "No!"*

4166: Max the Magician
    This one was alright not really a favorite like "4181: Elmo and Leela Look For The Mine-Itis." But it was still pretty cute and funny at parts. But i would have rather of had more characters then just Elmo, Big Bird, Rostia and Chris. Glad i finally saw it and now i'll be able to finish up the rest of the episodes i haven't watched or reviewed on what i enjoyed or didn't like.
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I wish I could talk about the new episodes with you guys but my PBS hasn't shown a new one in weeks :(. *sigh* They have not changed that much since I was little...
    Is there anything that helps decide when new episodes can/should/might have a soap bars chance in Oscar's can of being shown that I should know about? :)
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately no. :(
    All you can do is keep checking at the beginning of each episode's street story to see if it's a repeat from an earlier season or this, at least that's how I do it. Maybe just keep an eye out for the episode numbering from 4161-4186. Hope this helps. *Weak :)
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It does but now I am sad, I always thought the all the PBSs were somehow linked in a sort of unspoken SST new episode showing code...I guess not :(
  16. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Well, I just saw 4181, and I thought it was a brilliant episode, with witty writing, and a good moral.
  17. meok

meok New Member

Was the "Elmo's Riding" song used this season? I don't remember seeing it and i find that strange because it was the only thing shot in HD last season, ,and now that the show has gone HD, it would have made sense for them to use any existing HD material they had.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't used this season. Also, the skit where Cuba Gooding Jr. explains "angry" was shot in widescreen too.
  19. Papa 77

Papa 77 New Member

Hello Everyone....
    Joined the forum to find out who the guest was today on episode 4176 --- Elmo steps in for Super Grover. He look familiar but I can't remember his name.
    Thanks
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. The guest celebrity featured in Episode 4176's Word on the Street Explanation segment was Patrick Warberton. He's very well known for his animation voice work, most notedly Cronk from Disney's The Emperor's New Groove. Feel free to browse through this thread, supplemented with searching for any particular Season 39 episode at the Muppet Wiki to find out more about any of the episodes from this past season. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums. :batty: :) :wisdom: