1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think it was Kevin who sang I believe in litlt things. The first song Cookie was La-ing was "C is for cookie".
    ________
    "L is such a lovely letter, to la la la la la, with me".
  2. Yes. Here is the answer to the FAQ:

Can I submit a show idea or a song?
    We do not accept unsolicited materials or suggestions for songs or show scripts. Sesame Street has a team of writers who create shows specifically based on a curriculum prepared by preschool educational experts. The lyrics of Sesame Street songs are also written by the scriptwriters and are then set to music by our songwriting staff. These lyrics are script- and curriculum-oriented and, as such, are a contiguous part of the script plot lines.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

awww, to shell with them then. They want to use that stupid one where the kids are running around the letter M in a cheap studio with cheap keyboard music, fine. I had a bunch of great ideas that would make the cirriculum fools and us classic satire fans both happy... but forgetabout it. [BITTER SARCASM]Those cheap mid 80's early 90's computer gererated "This is the letter B..b...b..b.." type crap are soooo much better than a mear mortal can do![/BITTER SARCASM].

But I did finally see the 24 parody. Hillarious.

Hey! There's a though. replace all those cheap POS animations from the 90's with more Muppet segments. And get rid of those hour and a half long bits about some kid prattling on about his home life too. More Muppets.
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The "Baker" tune is used ONLY if the number of the day ranges from 1-10. For zero and 11-20, the Count clips appear--either his singing organ (which vanishes on 0), or his "Number of the Day" waltz/duet with the Countess. (I don't know about you, but her "STOP!!!" shouts scare the heck out of me...)
  5. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

If the writers were sincere about teaching good nutrition, they'd have made those lyrics "EVERYTHING's a sometimes food". Overindulging in any one kind of food--whether it's an obvious junk item like cookies, or an otherwise healthful item like apples or porridge--is not good at any age. Heck, I'm surprised "Sidney" (yeah, right) didn't reform 100% and become the Perfectly Balanced Diet Monster...a nutritional worrywart who makes Telly look calm about food.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

At what point was CM called 'Sidney' anyway? I remember reading at imdb.com that it was established in a season 33 ep. Can someone give me more details on that?
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

At what point was CM called 'Sidney' anyway? I remember reading at imdb.com that it was established in a season 33 ep. Can someone give me more details on that?
  8. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

A Wikipedia article on Cookie Monster said that he revealed his 'real name' as Sid in a season 34 clip. I assumed that was a nickname, as it is with most real-life Sids...
  9. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

As much as I miss a few Muppets that got retired from the show, I'd actually like to see more humans there--and more plotlines which center on problems that real kids/parents have, not on letters or numbers.
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

The leeter and numbers are just as important which was partly and I'm pretty sure the main reason why the show was created in the 1st place.
  11. Dil

Dil Guest

I wonder why Little Big Bird is worth it on Sesame Street?
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I don't understand what you're saying.