Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

salemfan

Reaction score
Could somebody please name me all 26 episodes and the letters they were sponsored by so I can pair them up with Sweet Pickles books? I am not able to see Sesame Street because I am at school when it airs on my local station.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... teenintosesame...
All 26 episodes of Season 36 haven't aired yet, only the first ten, so I can't give you the sponsor letters of all the episodes from Season 36 at least not yet.
What I can do is help you out with the sponsors so far. Tracking these like you, not sure why though.

4083: D and 4.
4084: J and 9, they reused the second ending with Trash Gordon and the Muddy Muddons from Season 35 for this one.
4085: G and 6.
4087: Q and 8.
4087: E and 5.
4088: K and 12.
4089: O and 4.
4090: T and 2.
4091: I and 0.
4092: U and 8.

So... We'd have, in order...
Doubtful Dog (4083),
Jealous Jackal (4084),
Goof-Off Goose (4085),
Questioning Quail (4086),
Enormous Elephant (4087),
Kidding Kangaroo (4088),
Outraged or Outrageous Octopus (4089),
Temper-Tantrum Throwing Turtle (4090),
Imitating Iguana (4091), and
Unique Unicorn (4092).
Hope this helps and have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, don't worry about it MuppetDude. Seems that teenintosesame associates or rather better remembers the episodes from the now 26-episode seasons of Sesame Street by matching up the characters from Sweet Pickles with the sponsor letter of each SS episode.

Sweet Pickles, not sure if you're familiar with it, was a franchise from the 80's that also helped kids get ready for preschool by teaching letters and numbers and social skills. The thing is that Sweet Pickles was specifically geared towards letters as their strong suit, cause they had a cast of 26 humanized animal characters, one for each letter of the alphabet. These characters were animals whose names started with each letter: alligator for A, bear for B, camel for C, and so on. Their first names was some sort of personality trait that matched with their letter: X-Writing Xerus, Yakety Yak, and Zany Zebra, and so on.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do not want to get too optimistic here, but it appears that maybe, next week, we'll finally start to see the rest of the episodes from this season. There's no plot synopsis for anyone yet, except the rerun, so it looks like there's a possibility they're starting next week...

Click

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You talking about the repeat of Big Bird's Story without an Ending on Wednesday 5/4? Well, think again. Remember when AlizaKaila posted the repeats for these two weeks with dates in between that had no synopsis plotline? Well, remember what they showed on those blank dates like Tuesday and Thursday of this week? Season 36 repeats. My thinking is that they'll finish repeating all ten S36 episodes and then get back to new episodes on 5/10. Then again, what worries me is that 5/10 would be the date that S36 would have reverted back to repeats if the entire season had aired throughout. Guess we've just gotta wait and see.

salemfan

Reaction score
When I list the episodes of the 26-episode seasons of Sesame Street, I usually list them in order by letter.
See my posts from seasons 34 and 35 for my matchings of episodes with Sweet Pickles books.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Told You! Knew it'd end up being 4088 repeated today. So, that means we gotsta wait till next week to see what happens on Tuesday after they repeat 4092 on Monday of next week.

ssetta

Reaction score
Believe it or not, it's still pledge season at WGBH. But on another PBS station here, they aired the Season 34 show where Super Grover got his new cape.