Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
The only problem is I do believe that Herry Monster is now Officially gone which is a shame because he has been around since 1970. Well now that the format is getting back slightly to the way it used to be, mabye they will show us some old clips with him in them.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
1 Drtooth, tell me if you please could, in what order did the numbers run across the necklace of the Countess who appeared in that Number of the Day song bit with the Count. If they're in ascending order, then it was Countess Dahling von Dahling. If they went in descending order and included a 0, then it was Countess von Backwards.
2 That song he sang is part of the introduction of the Number of the Day. For the number 0, they saved the bit where his counting organ gets blown away; for the numbers 1-10, they're using the lead-in from the classic Song of Number bits; and for numbers 11 and higher, they'll probably end up using this new song bit.
3 Jerry Nelson is in a state of semi-retiredness, he's still performing the Count von Count on SS. At least, according to waht I've heard and read here on the forums.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
1) I'm not Drtooth, but I'm pretty sure it was Dahling von Dahling. Camille Bonora (Countess von Backward's performer) sort of retired from the Muppets, and hasn't worked with them for quite some time now.

2) One of the interesting things about this sketch is that there has been a bit of slapstick: a waiter (not Grover, just a random AM) spills a pile of dishes on the floor.

3) I'm pretty sure that in the previously mentioned "new" appearances, Jerry was performing and voicing at the same time. It also sounds like the Count's a bit more enthusiastic now. :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Yesterday, I saw the "Healthy Food" music video with Cookie Monster and this other guy(don't know his name). What episode was that part of?

Other things I liked about Season 36:
*Lang Lang's appearance with Oscar and the Grouch Symphony Orchestra
*The Global Grover segment about France

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The remake of the song Healthy Foods which aired now on Season 36 appeared in Episode 4085.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The remake of the song Healthy Foods which aired now on Season 36 appeared in Episode 4085.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what was that episode about?

And who's the guy singing with Cookie in that remake?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well...

Given my blind batty eyes, didn't recognize who it was that sang the song with Cookie Monster. Guess we'll have to wait till it gets put/released on some future CD or album or something.
As for the episode itself, it's the one that could be called "The Healthy Foods Game" where Elmo and Zoe have to find four different healthy foods of four different colors.

Didn't say this when I originally saw it, but here's a nitpick concerning that street storyline. The healthy food's colors were red, white, green and purple. They got a giant purple eggplant from Snuffy, green lettuce from the garden where Susan was working, and red peppers from Luis. But as for the white food, they got a glass of freshly squeezed milk after Old MacDonald showed up and milked Gladys the Cow. My nitpick is that said glass of freshly squeezed milk straight from the cow isn't rully that healthy. They should've had some character like Louie Pasture show up and explain to them about pasteurization and homogenization which makes milk safe and healthy to drink.
Oh well, bottom's up!

ssetta

Reaction score
Believe it or not, WGBH is airing Season 33 shows all this week, because it's pledge season here. This is interesting, because in previous years, they have always had it in March. I was wondering why they didn't this year.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Down here we got Season 34 episode 4034, Bert's Quiet Birthday, which I was expecting given AlizaKaila's previous post. If this holds, then 4086, the one with 8 Balls of Fur and the King of 8 will be tomorrow's episode.

And I had a horrid thought which I hope isn't true. By my calculations, 4092, the last new episode would re-air on 5/09/2005. Well, 5/10/2005 would be the date that 4083 would be scheduled to re-air if all 26 Season 36 episodes had been aired continuously after the season premiere on 4/04/2005. Rully hoping that we get the new episodes and don't have to sit through another rerun through the ten episodes shown so far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Didn't say this when I originally saw it, but here's a nitpick concerning that street storyline. The healthy food's colors were red, white, green and purple. They got a giant purple eggplant from Snuffy, green lettuce from the garden where Susan was working, and red peppers from Luis. But as for the white food, they got a glass of freshly squeezed milk after Old MacDonald showed up and milked Gladys the Cow. My nitpick is that said glass of freshly squeezed milk straight from the cow isn't rully that healthy. They should've had some character like Louie Pasture show up and explain to them about pasteurization and homogenization which makes milk safe and healthy to drink.
Oh well, bottom's up!
Actually, my nitpick was that they found green apples before... if they were so hard pressed (and that wasn't ment as an apple cider joke) to find green food, why didn't they just go back and get the green apples? It would have been a lot easier, anyway.

>>Believe it or not, WGBH is airing Season 33 shows all this week, because it's pledge season here. This is interesting, because in previous years, they have always had it in March. I was wondering why they didn't this year.<<

Not only that, but the reruns are condenced down, cutting some of the Muppet segments off, to run extra pledge month begging. It would have been great to have had these in March, just not now.

You know, I used to look forward to pledge month. That's when they used to have interresting programming they didn't normally air. Great stuff, like documentaries on weird sandwiches, specials, and they even had the 3 Wallace and Grommet cartoons. Now all they run is the same "Dr. Wayne Dyer's Power of Intention" infomercial style lecture over and over, allong with 2 other annoying specially, and 2 more infomercial style elctures.

I dream of a PBS that doesn't feature Johnathan Pond's "Dumbo ears" fat face 24/7. :grouchy: