Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

wildirishrose

Reaction score
I think it was Curly Bear doesn't like porridge or at least that is what aired last night here in Cleveland. There was a Cookie monster segment in it with Cookies Mom that might have been Cookie's first cookie, but I didn't get to chance to see all of it as my 5 month old was screaming her head off.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
I actually watched today's episode, and I noticed the order in which everything is shown. Like Letter of the Day comes first now and Number of the day comes after JTE. The Spanish word of the day also comes earlier. I was happy when I saw Hoots in that insert today. It looks like theyr'e starting to bring the old charachters back in inserts. hopefully we will see more of them. Mabye they will show Forgetful Jones and Sherlock Hemlock Sketches also. I really hope they do.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
I saw the 3rd episode which was #4060. It was pretty good.

Hoots the Owl finally returned on there!! :excited: He sang to the boy in bed, Things are Always Changing! It was also shown on Noggin. What year was this skit?
I think that one was from 1991, Season 23

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally saw Wed's and Thursday's eps.

Wed: When I first read the synopsys of Curly bear not liking porridge, I was worried it would be just like the episode where Telly declaires he doesn't like it. But they really dressed it up with such a great bunch of gags. Papa Bear was too nervous to be on TV, and gave blank responses. The Fairy tale chorus chorus. Humphry's cameo as a news man. Plus I really liked the new letter and number segments. The JTE was a bit bland, but I did like the old 80's clip of them singing where vegitables come from. OPlus the Global Grover used footage of a clip for Pl.aza Sesamo where they make a puppet. I especially liked Grover's comment, "It must be fun to be a puppet" Very clever! Cookie Monster's song about hios first cookie was great, and the closing Trash Gordon, where he read from his own book to worms rounded it out nicely. Also liked the Monkey King skit.

Thurs: Not as good. I liked the street segment, especially the 3 men in a tub (Say, do they have a new puppeteer? the candlestick maker sounded different from any puppeteer's voice I've ever heard). And the Elephant trying to make an omlet he called "Rhapsody in Blue cheese" Very witty stuff. Disappointed to see they reused not only the letter and number of the day, but JTE and Grover as well. in fact, other than the dull hands counting to 17 and nonsequitor "D" skit about the wagon, there wasn't much new stuff. However, the old Hoots skit was great, and I'm glad to see it back. With his new footage on the DVD and this skit, I wonder if Kevin's gonna bring the character back. Trash Gordon once again does not dissappoint with the brilliant "Stinky Cheese Guys"

gildir

Reaction score
WGBH Mixup and Irreplaceable Alan

I missed the Curly dislikes porridge/Cookie's first cookie episode because WGBH in Boston showed "The Street We Live On" again instead! I'm sure it'll be repeated at some point.

I'm pleasantly surprised that no one has been whining about a line in today's episode that I thought would be very controversial with adult fans. Reacting to Natalie filling in for Alan, Baby Bear said, "Alan is iwweplaceable!" Yes, we old-timers know that Alan is the fourth character to run Hooper's Store, but to three-year-olds watching the show now, Alan is irreplaceable, every bit as much as we thought Mr. Hooper and David were.

I think today's Ernie and Bert segment must have come from the height of the "Ernie and Bert are gay" mania of the 90's. Ernie was playing house, and Bert tried unsuccessfully to guess what Ernie was pretending to be (it was the stove). At one point Bert said, "You're not the mommy, are you?" and Ernie replied, "Of course I'm not the mommy, Bert!" Clearly that was the show's subtle way of reassuring parents that Ernie and Bert are just good friends...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You did? the real episode was on 44 just this morning at 9! That's how I saw it!

ssetta

Reaction score
Maybe WGBH made a mistake. Was this the 6 AM airing you saw? I have no idea what's going on. But I saw the real episode on RIPBS at 7:30 this morning, and it had a street insert with Marisa Topay (is that how it's spelled) and JOEY AND DAVEY MONKEY! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! And I can't wait to watch "today's" episode tomorrow morning!

ssetta

Reaction score
I didn't know how it was spelled.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was that clip made a while ago? I don't remember it....