Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure does Phil. The thread will be started sometime later today or tonight.
Thanks.

Oh and Drtooth, if they did repeat the special yesterday, then the number 35 wouldn't have been the Number of the Day anyway since it was 10 in the special. It's just that someone mentioned a bunch of clips and/or storylines for this season and they mentioned that there was one bit where the Count counts to 35 as the Number of the Day. Waiting for the episode where this happens and posting about my thoughts will keep me logged in here even more than before.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmmm... I wonder if such a thing as Count Counting to 35 is reserved for the "memories of Sesame Street" clips that come just before the episode this season.

I haven't really noticed any new characters, except for an anything muppet (or an anything monster) dressed as a clown before Ernie started the Journey to Big Bird...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've missed two already. I'm staying home for this one tomorrow. Thats final. Oh and the I love to sing in the shower. Was it the old one or a newer version? I would love to see it. I'll have to wait to see it when it reairs. Oh I hope something happens tomorrow that I'll love.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Kyle, the song "We Love to Sing in the Shower" was sung by two elephants similar in appearance to Elmo. At least I think they resembled Elmo, as do most of the characters during the bit when Dorothy imagines Elmo doing and being other things than his normal self.

The song, in its original entirety, featured four segments: Olivia singing in her shower, or was it Susan? Ernie singing in his tubby, Oscar singing in his trashcan and then Big Bird singing in the open space of his nest, both taking baths in the pouring rainstorm. They don't show that one anymore.
And the character thread will be started up post-haste!

WiGgY

Reaction score
So JTE is now JTBB? That's interesting. It makes sense too. If they are playing hide and seek, it makes sense that BB would get to hide at least once.

Reusing the letter and number segments stinks. They should do something new with them, like have Count count something other than organ notes. That's getting old fast. I do like the idea of Count hosting the number of the day. I know some people don't like it, but I think he should have done that since he was created.

I'll have to wait and see the episode tomorrow.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think JTBB was just for this one time. Will have to watch the other episodes from Season 35 to confirm or deny this theory.
Also, few things I forgot. There was a joke that might've gone over some people's heads in the JTBB intro. Ernie and Rubber Duckie are counting to ten, and Ernie says "No Peeking, Duck".
Nice subtle joke.

And after the first JTE segment in the premiere, Bert shows up on Elmo's World looking for Ernie. He wanders into the closet, which leads to the classic song "Dance Myself to Sleep."
Hope this helps and talk to you after today's episode.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, the letter and number of the day segments were new today (Wednesday), Cookie and Prairie did the letter ("N") and the Count counted sheep for the number ("3").

Cheebo

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Actually, the letter and number of the day segments were new today (Wednesday), Cookie and Prairie did the letter ("N") and the Count counted sheep for the number ("3").
YAY! So they are doing a mix of old and new. Was it Frank Oz doing Cookie? Also what was the post JTE sketch? (My PBS is a day behind)

Also it seems this year they changed the order of things. This is the new Season 35 order I got from the season so far:

Celebrity Memory
Opening Theme
Street Segment
Sketch Dealing With Street Segment
Letter of the Day
Two Letter Sketches
Spanish Word of the Day
Sketch Dealing With Spanish Word of the Day
Song Sung On the Street
Journey to Ernie/Journey to Big Bird
Ernie Sketch
Global Grover
Global Thingy
Number of the Day
Two Number Sketches
Elmo’s World
The Adventures of Trash Gordon
Credits

Drtooth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Ooooh. Sounds good! I'm gonna have to wait for tomorrow morning for the rerun, but then I get to watch the new one on a different channel as soon as it's over.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil. I'll have to wait till tomorrow for today's episode, as my PBS station decided to repeat yesterday's episode today.
Have a good day.