Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Can we confirm this Britany Speares look-alike Muppet as a new character? And if so, how would it be best to have her placed as an entry in a listing of Muppet characters, do you think that Britany Speares Muppet would be ideal?
She did appear shortly in a speaking role during a Global Grover. She walked by Grover who was on stilts, an she said "Excuse me" or something, but that's all I know... Too bad Cerf doesn't work for Sesame any More...

I can think of a great "OOps I did it again" type song about mistakes...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean the sketch where Grover is learning how to stilt-dance and walk at the same time like the children from Trinidad & Tobago, a country found at the easternmost edge of the Caribbean? Cause they showed that episode today here in Puerto Rico, and I'd like to know to get one of my siblings to help describe her should they show her again in that sketch if that's the one you're talking about. Thanks for the heads-up and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
She did appear shortly in a speaking role during a Global Grover. She walked by Grover who was on stilts, an she said "Excuse me" or something, but that's all I know... Too bad Cerf doesn't work for Sesame any More...

I can think of a great "OOps I did it again" type song about mistakes...
I had already thought of that! She would be coming out of the store with her lunch, and she would drop it on the ground. Then she would say in her Britney voice, "Oops! I did it again!" And the lyrics would be up to the writers. Then, Elmo would be walking by, and he would be crying because he lost his ice cream cone. Don't you get upset when that happens? I used to when I was little. Then Britney would say, "Elmo, what's a matter?" "(sniff) Elmo licked the ice cream, and it fell off the cone." Britney: "Oh, don't worry, Elmo. I've done that many times." Then she would sing the refrain, and Elmo would take over and try to be like Britney, and she would love it.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Count.

Oinker Sisters/Androoze Sisters. Perhaps an entry for Oinker Sisters that says "see also the Androoze Sisters" or "also known as the Androoze Sisters." And the same for the Androoze entry: "See also the Oinker Sisters."

Mahna Mahna. I'd suggest the same arrangement. "Mahna Mahna (also known as...)" or "see also...".

I'm guessing "Androoze" as the closer spelling because it's a parody of the real-life group "Andrews Sisters".

Congratulations on going to so much effort and into so much detail. Some of this stuff is pretty obscure. Don't be afraid to get things wrong. Somebody will correct you eventually and your information will build and build.

Good luck.

secret squirrel

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I think there should be a good mix of the old & new for this year.
I have watched bits & pieces of some of the newer episodes and I believe there should be a few additions such as mixing the old & new stuff together. There is alot of stuff from the older episodes back when I was little that I would like to see on the upcoming sesaon. I would like to see the segment with the count when the mail man brings him his mail (4 bags of it !) then the count counts it and throws it up in the air! That was so funny! My second favorite is Don Music. Whatever happened to him? Let's see all those songs he wrote with the help of Kermit the frog. I still remember them and sing them now & then ( yellowstone park, mary had a bicycle, etc). There are two more things I would like to see back on. The first one is the counting segment and at the end the baker falls down the steps with the pies or cakes. I get a good laugh out of that. The other one is the "Pockets" song. My mom would sing along whenever that was on and sing some of it around the house (she'd sing " what do we do without pockets.... pockets are perfectly fine.... you need a pocket for combing your hair"). I know it was on episode #792(7th season). The last old thing that should be brought back is Oscar's Taxi. Oscar is my favorite and it was really funny how that old junky car got around. I remember when he had gordon, susan, olivia and one or two others in the taxi on a rainy day with the top up. When one of them said something about subtraction he ordered them all one by one to get out of the taxi. He then drove away and left them standing in the rain. Why not bring back some of this old stuff & mix it in with the new. It's been along time since I've seen any of it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with mister fred. I wish that they would bring back some of the old stuff. At least they've brung back some old stuff. I wish they would do alot of things but for some reason I don't know. THANKS.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Secret Squirrel, thanks for the vote of confidence with regards to my master listing. Here's the thing about it though...

Should I post the currently updated version of the listing now? The total's at over 1150 entries and I was hoping to get up to 1200 before posting the next version here on the forums. But if you wanted to, I could go ahead and post what I have so far. Answer if you want the listings posted as is, and if not I'll just wait a little longer. Thanks for all your help and have a good day.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, Mister Fred,

I don't think this new season would show the classic counting segment that ends with the baker falling down the stairs and drops cakes and pies. I think SS took the falling baker series off in the 80's, because kids would be afraid that the baker falling the stairs would be hurtful.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason as yet hitherto unknown to me, the Puerto Rico PBS affiliate re-ran yesterday's episode from Season 34 today. That's right, two straight days of the story of The Little Merbear and thesecond story, The Plant who wanted to be a Boy.
Any answers as to why the same show was shown or aired two consecutive days in a row? Thanks for the help and have a good day.