1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on ABC Nightly News with Charlie Gibson

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by D'Snowth, Nov 10, 2009.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Tonight on ABC Nightly News with Charles Gibson, their closing story was about SST turning 40 today.

They had a brief interview with Carol-Lynn Parente, Sonia Manzano, Zoe, Oscar the Grouch, Murray and Abby Cadabby.

Carol-Lynn mentioned how SST was banned in Mississippi because of the multi-ethnic cast, while Sonia added with Michelle Obama's recent appearance on the show, and the fact that we now have a Black president seems to show that the rest of the country is "finally catching up".

Zoe asked Oscar what he likes the best about living on the street, and he said the friendly people, which shocked Zoe, until he added "Because it makes me miserable!"

Then finally, Murray and Abby closed the story with one of ABC's co-respondants.

I'm glad they switched back to the old Zoe puppet for this appearance, lol.
  2. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

In my opinion I found it unique to see just how the Nightly news crew would take the show's 40th anniversary.

And to me I find it enjoyable and understanding with how far the show has gotten. :wisdom: